Flirc Forums

Problem with 2 Flircs and remotes conflicting

Dan Thomas

I have 2 Flircs, each attached to different Pi2/OpenElec/Kodi devices. One of the Flircs uses a Harmony One remote and a "Flirc/Kodi" profile. The other uses a Harmony 650 remote with a Samsung profile.

A couple of the buttons from the 650 (Samsung) affect both Flircs. I'd like to fix this, but I'm not sure why this happens.

At one point I accidentally had both Flircs programmed for Samsung remotes. But I used the "Clear Configuration" command on the Flirc software (Mac) on one of the Flircs, and reconfigured it for the Kodi remote. Is it possible that this is the problem, and if so, how can I fix it? Or could it be something else?

Thanks.

PS: I know someone is going to wonder why I have 2 Kodi boxes in IR range of each other. They're actually in different rooms, but the one in the kitchen also has an IR repeater that sends ALL remote signals into the other room. It actually only needs to send the signals for controlling my TiVo, but of course the repeater doesn't know that - it just sends all IR signals. And the TiVo is in the same location as the other Kodi, so that's why I'm having an issue. In case anyone cares. :)

Just a wild guess but maybe someone else has been using the Harmony with Samsung config while you've been setting up the Flirc that works with Harmony One? Have you recorded some custom keys in addition to a built-in profile? You can display all recorded keys by using command line utility called flirc_util (it's in the Flirc install dir):

flirc_util keys

That should tell you if there are any keys recorded.

There's also a possibility that the Flirc/Kodi profile in the Harmony is simply conflicting with Samsung IR control. Have you tried if there's a conflict in the other way around?

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas. Yes, it appears the Samsung and Kodi profiles are the same (or at least some buttons are).

I guess I need to find another remote to emulate. The problem is always with finding a remote that has a lot of buttons that generate different IR codes. I like to set up a lot of Kodi features to various buttons, and I hate running out. Sigh.

Thanks again