Flirc Forums

FLIRC + Harmony 700 + KODI ... not working, please help.

Livin

I just bought a FLIRC since it looked like it was mostly Plug'n'Play with the Harmony remote using the XBMC (KODI) device inside the Logitech Harmony setup software... did I misunderstand this? I read this... https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200712568-Logitech-Harmony-Remotes

I added the Device (a directed above) and created an Activity using it. But when I try to use the Activity, the remote commands don't activate the FLIRC software. I know it is sending IR (would e nice if the FLIRC software showed what it was sending (like EventGhost does)

What do I need to do to get this working?

Also, I use Windows Media Center (win7)... is there something special I need to setup for that too?

Oddly, it didn't work in the USB3 port (but the software says its connected and it said it was learning commands but never showed any receive activity otherwise. I moved it to a USB2 port and it seems to be working. I suspect FLIRC has problems in USB3 ports.

I will test with KODI in the morning.

Also, is there any way for FLIRC to natively open/close apps?  I use EventGhost to do this but curious if I can stop using it and move fully to FLIRC.

thx

• 2 years later...

Hi,

New user here. Just bought Flirc on Amazon to use with Kodi on Windows PC with my Harmony 700. For some reason, a few key buttons does not work, namely "play", "pause", "stop" and "codec info". Have any ideas why?

When I press the "OK" button in the middle, I get the menu, and I can pause and stop from there, but it would be nice if the real buttons would work. Same for codec info. 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2018 at 10:05 PM, feadin said:

What I did was to make my Harmony 700 learn the missing functions with the Flirc software with the Kodi preset.

Hi Bob, 

As I said, I used the Flirc software installed on the PC where my Kodi is installed, and with my Harmony 700, I used the learning function as available in the Flirc software (not the Logitech software/My Harmony). 

Of course, first I had to set it up on My Harmony, but to resolve the problems with key buttons as explained in my previous post, I used that learning function on the Flirc software. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/25/2018 at 11:40 PM, feadin said:

Yes all the key buttons that weren't working like play, pause, stop, codec, have been learned and now work. Not sure what epg is... If it's for cable/live tv, I don't use Kodi for that. 

The kodi not response imediatelly and you fell the remote not smooth with the Flirc adapter or it is smooth ? 

Thanks.