Flirc Forums

How do I get "flirc_util" on openelec?

sniperzoz

Hi ... i want to install flirc_util on openelec ... so i can record buttons via SSH (i'm using an internal flirc_se - so removing and programming in windows is not an option).

Had a look at the wiki but they only mention debian and rpm installations ... any pointers for doing this manually please on openelec?

Cheers!

Update 1 - actually i guess I can just download http://downloads.flirc.tv/release/cli/flirc_util/linux/flirc_util ... chmod 777 ... and happy times - will try later have to go out now!

Update 2 - ok so the above "worked" only issue was that the link above doesn't host the latest version of flirc_util (the one there didn't support fw v3.6) - anyway ... I couldn't find a mirror hosting the latest ... resorted to getting the latest deb file and extracting flirc_util from within ... now it works.

Edited by sniperzoz
updating just in case others need the info.

• 3 months later...

Hi ... i want to install flirc_util on openelec ... so i can record buttons via SSH (i'm using an internal flirc_se - so removing and programming in windows is not an option).

Had a look at the wiki but they only mention debian and rpm installations ... any pointers for doing this manually please on openelec?

Cheers!

Update 1 - actually i guess I can just download http://downloads.flirc.tv/release/cli/flirc_util/linux/flirc_util ... chmod 777 ... and happy times - will try later have to go out now!

Update 2 - ok so the above "worked" only issue was that the link above doesn't host the latest version of flirc_util (the one there didn't support fw v3.6) - anyway ... I couldn't find a mirror hosting the latest ... resorted to getting the latest deb file and extracting flirc_util from within ... now it works.

I'm trying to do this same thing and I am having issues...

I have downloaded the latest stable release of the software from the downloads page and moved flirc_util over to the openelec box.

I've chmod 777 the file, but when i try to run the command i get a "not found" error even though it appears to be there:

OpenELEC:~/.config/flirc # ls -all
total 2984
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Feb  7 13:09 .
drwxr-xr-x   15 root     root          4096 Feb  7 13:09 ..
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root       3046817 Jan 27 11:34 flirc_util
OpenELEC:~/.config/flirc # flirc_util
-sh: flirc_util: not found

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

• 1 year later...

Anyone find an easyish way to get this working?  Looks like the latest versions are dependent on external libs, which are not super straight-forward to get on openelec...

TV:~/2.5.6 # ./flirc_util 
./flirc_util: error while loading shared libraries: libhidapi-hidraw.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

facing the same problem (on libreelec). Does anyone know, how to add the missing libraries?

/flirc_util: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

LibreELEC:~/Flirc-3.25.2 # ldd flirc_util
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffdd6f7b000)
        libreadline.so.6 => not found
        libusb-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libusb-1.0.so.0 (0x00007fe9e02c5000)
        libhidapi-hidraw.so.0 => not found
        libpthread.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fe9e02a2000)
        libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007fe9e00ec000)
        libudev.so.1 => /usr/lib/libudev.so.1 (0x00007fe9e00c1000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 => /usr/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fe9e02d9000)
        librt.so.1 => /usr/lib/librt.so.1 (0x00007fe9e00b7000)

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...