Flirc Forums

GOOD: Humax RM-F01

Cheule

I confirm this remote works just fine - I used the 'DVD' button and assigned code 006 to it - a Sony code. (No Sony equipment here). I programmed Flirc with the XBMC keyboard layout and used it with my XBMC Eden running on Ubuntu 11.10.

Detected first time, all buttons appear to work correctly. Will report back any issues in about a week (just to give enough time for any to crop up).

Thanks for posting Cheule,

I'm sure future users will find your information of great value.

Pleasant regards

Chris!

p.s. let me know if something crops up and you wanna change the title - hopefully this won't be the case.

Right, I appear to have solved the problem, neither of which were Flirc's fault.

Basically the remote was originally shipped using a reprogrammable 4-digit code system, later they shipped an identical remote which required only 3 numbers, differentiated only by a small white label inside the battery bay....see this thread: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-control-confused-if-3-or-4-digit-codes#post-235

I'd chanced upon the 3 digit codes and was trying to use those...needless to say Flirc responded with the errors mentioned above.

My only problem now is trying to find a 4 digit code that uses ALL the buttons of the XBMC profile in Flirc's config. I had one that did all buttons except FF, for now I'm using one that uses all buttons except volume up, down and mute (handled by another remote anyway).

Enjoying my Flirc now, thanks Chris!

Hopefully this will help anyone else...not all remotes are the same, even when they are!

Hi there, back again ;)

After a few days of careful testing, two issues are marring our otherwise perfect remote control solution.

1) I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before, but the speed at which items whiz past when you hold down up or down to scoll, it's at least twice as fast as it should be. Not sure if that's a remote issue though.

2) Sometimes, when scrolling down through a list of episodes, the sub-menu pops up which is normally only actuated by pressing left (we are using the Xperience skin on XBMC).

Neither is a show stopper, just on a quest for perfection :lol:

Anyone else experienced issue number 2 especially?

2) Not sure but as a temporary measure if it's that annoying you could turn on kiosk mode, usually in settings ---> skin --> general.

1) On my to-do list is to research the various solutions and factors that affect scrolling so we can come up with solutions for each platform (as it is more of a platform thing than a Flirc thing). It would be the cherry on top of the very delicious Flirc cake.

I'll definitely need some help from forum users... expect something around abut June though if someone starts in the mean time i'll join them in June

Pleasant regards,

Chris!

1) On my to-do list is to research the various solutions and factors that affect scrolling so we can come up with solutions for each platform (as it is more of a platform thing than a Flirc thing). It would be the cherry on top of the very delicious Flirc cake.

I've seen this response a lot on these forums, but I can tell you that rapid button presses on the newer Flirc betas does not perform the same way that holding a key on a physical keyboard does. With a keyboard, no matter how rapidly I repeat a key, XBMC moves to highlight the item that many steps away. If I press and hold a keyboard key, it stops moving as soon as I release the key. In contrast, pressing the same button on my remote two or three times, or holding a button down both result in the menu speeding by way to too quickly to use, for a seemingly random number of list steps.

I've seen this response a lot on these forums, but I can tell you that rapid button presses on the newer Flirc betas does not perform the same way that holding a key on a physical keyboard does. With a keyboard, no matter how rapidly I repeat a key, XBMC moves to highlight the item that many steps away. If I press and hold a keyboard key, it stops moving as soon as I release the key. In contrast, pressing the same button on my remote two or three times, or holding a button down both result in the menu speeding by way to too quickly to use, for a seemingly random number of list steps.

Fair comment - you have a lot more experience with scrolling with Flirc than I have.

I'll stop mentioning it for now then start experimenting in June.

Chris!

This is on my list of things to do, it's going to require a bit of a firmware overhaul, but I want to fix this scrolling. I understand what you are saying, and I agree, I'm not happy with the current implementation as it's a general purpose model that may not be that great for every remote.