Flirc Forums
stage

Adding support for Nvidia Shield TV

Hi. 

I have my Flirc and Harmony 350 nearly running perfect. Nearly... 

I'm looking for the correct Power-Toggle Button to send shield to sleep in every App. 

When i use Kodi-Remote, in TV Fullscreen shield rewinds 3 seconds(wtf), other Powerbuttons the kodi menu comes up. 

Other power brings shield to sleep but cannot wake up... 

So i hope someone can give me help? 

So far - Flirc is absolutely fantastic. I love it. Bought one for every Device i have :) 

59 minutes ago, SomethingSomethingDarkSide said:

There is a power toggle option in the Harmony setting for the Shield, use that, it's what I use.

And what do you pair that too in my app?

Technically nothing; as it's based on Shield remote, there is no sleep/power button on the remote.

I should be clear, it's a Sleep toggle, not Power. It will put the Shield to Sleep.

You can use the remote to invoke the power options menu, by holding the Back button, but that can only be done on the home menu/lean back screen. Toddel wants to be able to to what that offers from any app, rather than having to go back to the Lean Back screen first

Good point, sorry I forgot the 2017 16GB Shield has no IR port as well, and assumed you were using the Harmony on a Shield with IR receiver. You are just using he Flirc to receive commands.

I would assume no, the Flirc will not be receiving/processing the Harmony IR commands, but I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Toddel said:

Ok. I try this. 

Does Flirc recognizes this command? My Shield is hidden ;) 

Have you tried the sleep/suspend keys in the "Media Keys" controller section of my GUI?

My Harmony 650 paired with the Flirc works almost perfectly with my Shield TV, except for one issue.  I paired the OK button on the remote with the Enter key on the full keyboard controller in the Flirc software, and it works correctly everywhere on the Shield TV save for one place.  When I press the button on the search keyboard, instead of selecting the character it's sitting on, it dismisses the keyboard entirely.  The directional keys navigate the search keyboard fine, but I have to use the enter button on the original Shield TV remote to select the characters.  I also tried pairing the Harmony 650 OK button with the Enter or Enter/Return key of every other preset controller in the Flirc software, but none of them work (they either dismiss the search keyboard entirely, or do nothing).

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a different key/key combination in one of the preset controllers of the Flirc software I should pair with the Harmony 650 OK button so that it works correctly everywhere on the Shield TV, including the search keyboard?  Thanks.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:29 AM, jason said:

Have you tried the sleep/suspend keys in the "Media Keys" controller section of my GUI?

It works great, thanks!

I was just wondering, is there any way to program the mic button on the remote. It doesn't seem to be available in the Flirc interface. Thank you