Flirc Forums

Contact for defective Flirc?

Royal2000H

My Flirc has had issues with just not working for hours/days/weeks at a time before starting to work again. Problem is not the remote as I've tried many remotes and not the PC as I've tried several PCs. Programming the Flirc on the computer when it's malfunctioning let's me re-record the same button on the remote as many times as I want. Using flirc_util, I can see that each time I program the same button, it stores a different hash. In other words, Flirc is recording gibberish when it sees an IR signal.

When it's not malfunctioning everything works great, I can record just fine and I can control my computer just fine, except for the occasional repeating button press (for example hitting pause sends pause-play-pause-play-pause-play again and again until I hit the button again to make it stop). Then suddenly it'll stop working again for a long time. There's no rhyme or reason. When it does work, I can transfer the Flirc between computers and it works on the other ones. When it doesn't work, it doesn't work on other PCs. It has a mind of its own.

Anyone encounter this? At first I thought it's a software issue and months ago Jason helped me downgrade firmware but that didn't seem to fix it, just seemed fine for a while because the flirc goes through phases of working and not working.

I've tried to contact Jason/support again since, and there's been no response unfortunately.