Flirc Forums

using flirc in bios and grub

f-lircer

hi,

2 years ago there was a question how to use flirc in bios or grub bootloader: http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/681-prebootbios-control/. it worked for some people and not for others. unfortunately it doesn't work for my. with lsusb -v i have the same output as one of the user in the linked thread

bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
bInterfaceSubClass     
0 No Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol      1 Keyboard

is there a solution for that now? i would like to switch between a linux and windows.

I think it may depend on keyboard support implementation in some BIOS-es. I don't know what would be the reason in grub unless it also depends on the BIOS support. There are some real keyboards that are also incompatible with some bootloaders for example. To be honest I don't know how good is the HID implementation in the Flirc. It's something Jason would had to comment on as he's the one who implemented all of it. Also whole USB support in Flirc is software only so maybe it's some timing issue and BIOS implementation is not flexible enough.