Flirc Forums

Flirc registers too many strokes with each key press.

donniezazen

Hello,

I recently got my Flirc and let me begin by saying it has made my life a lot easier.

The only problem I have is that it XBMCbuntu (Eden) registers too many strokes with each key I press. If I press a key it will go 10 or 15 clicks down on XBMC list. I am using Flirc with a regular Westinghouse TV remote. Is their any solution to it?

Thanks.

Yes in the cli there is a setting called Internet delay. It's not official yet as it isn't brought out to the GUI. But you can play with that. Fire open a terminal and type flirc (lowercase). You'll see a menu. Remember, after each time you change the setting, you have to unplug,plug your flirc as I don't update this until the device is rebooted. I plan on making a new algorithm to help with this. Let me know if that helps at all.

• Like 1

Hello,

I recently got my Flirc and let me begin by saying it has made my life a lot easier.

The only problem I have is that it XBMCbuntu (Eden) registers too many strokes with each key I press. If I press a key it will go 10 or 15 clicks down on XBMC list. I am using Flirc with a regular Westinghouse TV remote. Is their any solution to it?

Thanks.

just a quickquestion, is it happening all the time, I mean every time you press a key, or is it something that happens on more irregular basses - sometimes it moves just "one place" and sometimes it makes a big jump?

• 3 weeks later...

For me, it does not happen consistently... but, I haven't been able to determine what triggers the change from registering a single stroke to many strokes.

I usually try a restart of my Mac and unplug/replug the flirc to reset the behavior. Sometimes this works, but not always.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the a similar problem. After 1 or 2 hours, the device either registers no keys at all or multiple strokes (20+).

Last time I checked, my syslog shows multiple entries "usb 2-5 reset low speed usb device nr 5 using ohci_hcd" after the device stopped working.

If the device registers to many strokes, it can be interrupted by pressing a key on the real hardware keyboard.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...