Flirc Forums

Macro's?

abitofit

After spending a lot of time trying to get it to work the way I want it to, I think I have come to the conclusion that the only way to do what I need is the ability to program a little macro so a single remote press can be a set of key combinations.

Others have had this issue, the Apple silver remote behaviour is different when Kodi is on an Apple device vs a dedicated device, eg openElec. I am not talking about long press, I have read that topic. I am looking to move from our aging mac mini with Kodi to openelec running on a Fitlet. However, this issue is the one thing currently stopping us making the change, the family hates it and complains.

On Mac Kodi, the menu button both stops playback (eg key X) and goes back (eg backspace). THere is nothing in the Kodi keymap which seems to have this behaviour. It may be possible in the bowels of Kodi but if it was a simple matter to create a set of key combination macros that could be programmed to a button, the X and Backspace could be fired 0.25 of a second (or less) apart to have this effect. This could also be extended to allowing simultaneous key combinations as also mentioned elsewhere.

If there is a way of doing this in Kodi, please let me know but I have not found it.

Thanks