Flirc Forums

FireTV profile + extra buttons or keyboard layout?

deadbydawn

I have migrated my Kodi setup to a FireTV, and I am now going to update my Harmony One remote to work with it.. but I am unsure as to which direction would make more sense.

Should I:

1. Use the Flirc GUI and select FireTV profile... but if I do, how can I add customized button presses?  EG, I have my keymap setup so that a certain keypress will initiate a Library Update.  Is there an "advanced" feature that I am missing that gives me the basics for the FireTV but then lets me customize further?

OR

2. Use the keyboard layout and map out all of the FireTV buttons manually.  But, if I do this... has the Home button issue been resolved?  I have heard reports that you just map it to "F12" and that does what you want, but I am hoping for some confirmation here.

Sorry for such a basic question and not just trying it myself.. it can be a somewhat time consuming process trying to redo all of my remote control configurations (mostly due to the slow software Logitech provides) so I am trying to make sure I have it all mostly right before I dive in again (and ruin my wife's evening of TV).

Thanks!