Flirc Forums

[Harmony] openelec+flirc+harmony -> power/suspend?

mlubinski

Hi,

I tried to look around for this crap, but couldn't find anything. I was able to program harmony remote to work with flirc to move around menu, press buttons (enter, directions etc), but the only thing now I would like to achieve is to enable power button on harmony to suspend openelec+flirc (based on ZBOX ID41).

Does anyone succeed in doing this trick? manually pressing power button every time is pretty annoying.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Marek

First, go to Settings > System > Power Saving (I think, I'm going from memory here) and make your shutdown action 'Suspend.' Then on most skins you can add shutdown to your home menu (if it's not already there) or press 'S' for the shutdown menu, as Chris! mentioned. If you have wake on device setup properly, any button should wake your Zbox, though it sometimes takes a while.

If you press the letter "s" it brings up the power options. These kind of short keys are in the xbmc wiki on keyboard shortcuts: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard Though you may have to mess about with key mapping in xbmc XML to achieve a one button press = suspend. Chris!

thank you.

problem solved. when i changed power savings setting to suspend, then automatically when i press Power Toggle key on harmony (from Panasonic TV profile) then it suspends, and later on it unsuspends.

That's really great :)

Thank you again

• 5 weeks later...