Flirc Forums

how to firmware downgrade

RaZi3L

Hi

i was the happy proprietary of a flirc for a year. It worked perfectly out of the box with the fw from APR/MAY 2014. Until 2 days ago when I had the bad idea of a fw upgrade to the last version..... Since that moment flirck stop working randomly...

It is connected to an android STB (a K-R42 device) with Kodi (aka XBMC)... Initially, when is connect to the usb port of the android stb, it works well... But... few minutes after it stops working... If I unplug it and plug on my windows PC I can see the key map thorugh command line and If I open a notepad and use the remote controller I can see the typed keys....

Last night I tried to downgrade FW downloading GUI 1.2.4 (i think it is the one came with my flirc) from here and tried to did it as this guy explains

But when I try to downgrade the GUI hangs with the message "Firmware being upgraded, please wait..." and remains there indefinitely.... 

So please... someone can post a detailed HOW TO downgrade flirc's firmware?

I found the steps to downgrade in the Firmware > Bugs forum.  Based on a post from another user, I went back to firmware version 2.6, and my FLIRC was usable again.  A firmware downgrade was the only thing that worked for me, so hopefully it's OK to post this:

• Download and install the GUI+Firmware version you want from http://downloads.flirc.tv/release/gui/
  • Open a command prompt, change to the FLIRC directory, and run flirc_util dfu
  • Start the FLIRC GUI

When the GUI starts, it will detect the FLIRC boot loader and download the version of the firmware bundled with the GUI.  I was never able to get the Force Upgrade button in the GUI to work, but these steps worked every time.

• 3 weeks later...

This problem came up more then a month ago and one of the admins promise a downgrade guide and you guys didn't deliver on your promise until now!

The 3.x firmware does a lot of problem to a lot of people so until you make a normal firmware you guys need to a give us a temporary solution...

Please answer us ASAP i have 3 FLIRCs that i can't use because this horrible firmware.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!

Edited by adishtrt

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...