Flirc Forums

Using Flirc on numbered remote?

stage

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on buying this remote and using it with Flirc on Kodi (XBMC).

http://community.infomir.eu/attachment/549beedfe841e_20141225_115907.jpg

The remote has numbers from 0 to 9 which can also be used to input text much like older mobile phones that do not have a QWERTY keyboard.

My query is, would this work on Kodi? Would I be able to program the buttons with Flirc?

Many thanks!

Edited by stage

No, I don't believe so. I would need to pick one of those up, but the result is probably going to be frustrating. I do plan on being able to support that in the future, but I have a ton on my plate at the moment.

That's great, I look forward to any news in the future.

I think that the remote itself doesn't have any "SMS-type" input logic built-in and labels on the buttons are only to help when the receiver end has such ability (for example an option in TV receiver to enter some text). I've seen some remotes with such labes and they all send just the same code no matter how many times you press the buttons.

I think that the remote itself doesn't have any "SMS-type" input logic built-in and labels on the buttons are only to help when the receiver end has such ability (for example an option in TV receiver to enter some text). I've seen some remotes with such labes and they all send just the same code no matter how many times you press the buttons.

On the top right of the remote there is a keyboard button labelled 'KB' which gave me hope but I will be ordering Flirc anyway since it's such a great device.

• Like 1

On the top right of the remote there is a keyboard button labelled 'KB' which gave me hope but I will be ordering Flirc anyway since it's such a great device.

Either that or maybe just a button to open some on screen keyboard implemented in the TV receiver or whatever that remote is for.