Flirc Forums

FLIRC with Xbox One

jimmybond

Hi,

Not technical at all so I tend to just follow instructions and the trust the technology.  So to that end I have FLIRC working great on my PC that is under the stairs.  My set up is a Matrix which means that all devices are under the stairs and plugged in to the matrix.  The matrix then sends the standard IR signals of those devices to all my screens so that I can control them using the devices normal remotes (or a Logitech Harmony).  The only one I can't send is my Xbox as the IR technology is proprietary.  I have been trying to work out how I can 'convert' the Xbox to standard IR and am now thinking (hoping) that the solution was right under my nose :)

Could I plug the FLIRC in to the Xbox and then program the FLIRC to work with a standard IR game controller?  

Please say yes :)))

Hi,

What do you mean "standard IR game controller"? The Xbox (either One or 360) game controllers don't use IR to connect to the console. They are using radio frequency (RF).

As for the controlling Xbox One with Flirc I can't remember if such a subject has been already discussed on the forum or not. You can hook up a standard USB keyboard to the Xbox One and check what can you control with it. Then save your current Flirc config on the PC, record the keys you know that work on the Xbox One (that you tested with the keyboard) and plug the Flirc into the console. After you finish the test just load your saved config back into the Flirc.