Flirc Forums

Can flirc work with eventghost?

JustinSane

Hi, At the moment I am using my PS3 bluetooth remote with eventghost, and use it with XBMC and total media for playing blu rays. Flirc looks like it only works with keyboard commands and is not program spacific.

XBMC and total media and other programs use their own keyboard commands, so buttons on the remote cannot be reused in another app if it uses a different keyboard function.

I also have events that shutdown and reboot windows If I hold down the corrosponding coloured buttons.

This is all perfect and all, but UNFORTUNATLY since it uses blu ray, it eats batteries like pacman eats pills! I've tried the remote sleep app but it sometimes unpairs the remote.

I have ordered a flirc, it seems to be about the only alternative solution for me (my system came with an mce like remote, but it cheap and nasty, and the cir driver is also cheap and nasty).

So finally the main question: would it be possible to fully run flirc through eventghost so it does what it does for the ps3 remote?

I would like to take this oppertunity to say thank you for creating such an awesome device! it is a real shame that the big companies are not catering for the HTPC market when it is such a big one.

You need to enable plugin:keyboard in EG, so that EG captures key press from keyboard and executes assigneed macro.

The down side of using this plugin in EG is that it will always run macro no mather what program is in focus, but if this is a problem

to you, you can just add key to turn plugin on/ off.

If you need help whit this just ask :)

Cheers, Burke

Edited by burke

• 8 months later...

Just received my Flirc today. Setup Flirc on a Windows 7 machine using an Apple Remote. Can I use the play/pause button for example to start the Plex app somehow? I downloaded Evenghost and went through their wiki and forum but I have no idea how to map the button. I've created a macro to start the Plex.exe and I see the keyboard plug-in but now what? I asked on the Eventghost forum but no answer yet.

Is Eventghost the only way to use the combo Flirc and Apple remote to start Plex from the desktop?

Just received my Flirc today. Setup Flirc on a Windows 7 machine using an Apple Remote. Can I use the play/pause button for example to start the Plex app somehow? I downloaded Evenghost and went through their wiki and forum but I have no idea how to map the button. I've created a macro to start the Plex.exe and I see the keyboard plug-in but now what? I asked on the Eventghost forum but no answer yet.

Is Eventghost the only way to use the combo Flirc and Apple remote to start Plex from the desktop?

Hi eug7 :)

when i was running my xbmc on top of win i liked using Eg because it is light, easy to configure and it has tons of options you can use....

If your play/pause is detected as keyboard press (and it should be as you are using flirc) it can be dun easily

1. activate pluginn: keyboard (configuration > add plugin > remote receiver >keyboard)

make shure it is under autostart on right pane of EG.

- now EG will detect all keyboard presses in system.

2. go to configuration > add macro > system > start aplication

3. new window will pop up find your executable (uper line), working directory is one that contains exe of your app

(executable > d:\progs\plex\plex.exe working dir >d:\progs\plex\ )

4. you can chose process priority if you need and set full window if needed...

5. now you have macro on right pane, press key on your remote you want to use to launch your exe

6. take that key press (event on left pane) and just drag it to your macro.

So your macro should have that little wheel, app to start (lightning icon) and app to launch (black icon)

That should be it :)

post-133-0-92175400-1360397747_thumb.gif

post-133-0-85140200-1360397819_thumb.gif

Edited by burke
  • Like 1