Flirc Forums

Double-key click issue

bek

Hello.

I love my Flirc, but after upgrading the firmware from 2.0 to the latest version, I am seeing occasional double-key clicks.  I only notice this in navigation (both Windows interface and Kodi interface).

I've read the FAQ posting about it, and my Inter-Key delay was already set to the max (6).

This is new behavior with the new firmware, as my Flirc has been perfect for many months.  Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Edited by bek

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, with no response on this issue, I just bought a new remote... I'm now using the Western Digital Live Hub remote that everyone brags about.  It mostly works, except for the power button, which is about the most inconvenient button to have not work.  

Does anyone know if there a remote out there that works to cut the NUC on, and also works as expected with this device?  I keep hitting different issues with every new remote I buy.

Edited by bek

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got lots of double press issues with v1.3.6 of the GUI and v3.6 Firmware.  I fixed the issues by going via EventGhost which (with a bit of work) allows you to manage things better (see )

The other thing you can try is to set the inter-key delay to 7 by using the command line tool.  To do this you need to navigate to where your flirc GUI executable is stored and you'll see a flirc_utlil.exe program which you can execute from the command line.  It will show the help summary if you just execute it with no commands; the inter-key delay will be amongst those options.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I may have to return mine.  All it will do is double-click.  I've tried different profiles, different interkey delays, different settings, etc...

Every key double clicks.  I have the latest GUI and it says I have latest firmware.  I don't know what else to do.

Hi,

I got lots of double press issues with v1.3.6 of the GUI and v3.6 Firmware.  I fixed the issues by going via EventGhost which (with a bit of work) allows you to manage things better (see )

The other thing you can try is to set the inter-key delay to 7 by using the command line tool.  To do this you need to navigate to where your flirc GUI executable is stored and you'll see a flirc_utlil.exe program which you can execute from the command line.  It will show the help summary if you just execute it with no commands; the inter-key delay will be amongst those options.

Hope this helps

I would like to try this as I'm still getting double keys even after changes to both Flirc via GUI and the Harmony interface.  So I open a command line, run "flirc_util.exe", get the list of commands, but obviously I'm not a DOS guru because regardless of which command I then enter  at 'C:\Program Files <x86>\Flirc>" I get 'interkey_delay" or "status" or "keys" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.  My flirc is plugged into a USB port, and it is recognized by the GUI version of the software (although I closed the GUI before running command line tool.  Any suggestions?