Flirc Forums

Does the recent firmware provide the one key = two functions option?

Din

Hello Everyone,

I've just bought a FLIRC and an Xbox One Media remote for use with OpenElec (5.0.4) on a Cubox-i. I will be recording the keys with a PC running Ubuntu 14.04.

Before I start recording it'd be nice to know if the firmware (v3.5) includes the 'Long key Press' feature request which I saw mentioned in the Support FAQ. The FAQ was dated Nov 2013 so I thought there's a good chance it might be implemented by now. I've had a good trawl through the forum but I can't tell for certain one way or another.

If it is available, how would I go about assigning two functions to the remote's play/pause button? The two functions being play (p) and pause/resume (space).

Thanks very much for your time and any help. And my apologies if this is a very FAQ.

Thomas

Hi Thomas, 

It hasn't been implemented yet. 

The two functions being play (p) and pause/resume (space).

Try mapping the play/pause button to the media key "play/pause". The guys at XBMC/kodi suggested it to us a while back.

https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202923419-Controller-presets-in-Flirc-GUI

See "Media keys" controller

Does this help?