Flirc Forums

Harmony+Flirc+Win8.1+Kodi14

astranoc

Hi guys,

I have the above setup (plus an amplifier and TV) and I am having a couple of issues.

When I am inside Kodi everything works almost perfect apart from when I am using the volume buttons on the harmony it goes both down on the amp and inside Kodi. How can I disable the volume down inside kodi?

When I am windows desktop nothing works on the harmony, I assume because I have setup flirc setup as xmbc? Can I work around this somehow?

Many thanks.

Edited by astranoc

How did you program the remote? Using the pre-pared flirc profile on myharmony?

Your amp is controlled by IR too?

When I am windows desktop nothing works on the harmony, I assume because I have setup flirc setup as xmbc? Can I work around this somehow?

Easiest way to think of it:

Flirc is just a USB keyboard. 

If you tried pressing XBMC/Kodi keyboard buttons on windows desktop it would do the same.

What would you like flirc to do when it's on windows desktop? Open Kodi by pressing a button on the remote?

When I am inside Kodi everything works almost perfect apart from when I am using the volume buttons on the harmony it goes both down on the amp and inside Kodi. How can I disable the volume down inside kodi?

I think that you might have recorded volume buttons you normally use for your amp to control volume on the PC. Just go into Flirc GUI, press Erase and press volume up button on the remote and the repeat for volume down button.

Thank you both.

How did you program the remote? Using the pre-pared flirc profile on myharmony?

Your amp is controlled by IR too?

Easiest way to think of it:

Flirc is just a USB keyboard. 

If you tried pressing XBMC/Kodi keyboard buttons on windows desktop it would do the same.

What would you like flirc to do when it's on windows desktop? Open Kodi by pressing a button on the remote?

Yes I used the flirc profile that's already in harmony, I didn't change any settings in either the flirc software or the harmony. My amp is IR controlled yes.

Essentially yes, maybe program a couple of buttons.. one to open a browser, another kodi, etc.

I think that you might have recorded volume buttons you normally use for your amp to control volume on the PC. Just go into Flirc GUI, press Erase and press volume up button on the remote and the repeat for volume down button.

I didn't record anything, just used the profile that harmony and flirc software had.

Also would it possible to have flirc sleep and wake the pc up?

Edited by astranoc

Yes I used the flirc profile that's already in harmony, I didn't change any settings in either the flirc software or the harmony. My amp is IR controlled yes.

One of the neatest feature I didn't discover for a while with harmony is the ability to change what device controls the volume.

e.g. you can have it so every profile on the remote uses the TV profile when you press the volume button. I made a video for a user a while back, hopefully it helps explain it better:

Essentially yes, maybe program a couple of buttons.. one to open a browser, another kodi, etc.

Sure, remember - Flirc is a keyboard.

1. First up we'll have to add further buttons to the remote as we don't have lots and lots on the XBMC profile (see here for how to do it)
  2. Then you can assign a keyboard combination to open an app (See here)
  3. Then using the remote buttons you programmed onto the harmony in step 1, open the flirc gui and assign the keyboard combination you chose in step 2.

Does this help?

If you were feeling super generous, I would really appreciate some screenshots of the steps you take on windows. Unfortunately I don't have access to a windows computer. I'll do the mac side of things.

Then i'll make a help document out of it and put it on our help desk - I think it would beenfit loads of users.

Don't feel you have to though. :) 

[Edit] I'm just writing a guide now, it should be up within an hour.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

For the volume part, I am not getting the same settings as you

The only option I get is unassign, which even if I do and sync the remote, I am still getting the same behavior. What am I doing wrong?

Hi astranoc & others,

I know the thread ist old, but for all people with the same problem: I also wanted to assign another device (not the tv, but my AVR) to the vol. up/down buttons. This is not possible in my Harmony 650 in the menü buttons, because it has an extra option for it, wich the 300 does not have: There are buttons on the top of my rc, called like "watch tv" and so on, which can be controlled by the menu "activities". astranoc´s Harmony ultimate has it, too. Chris´ 300 doesn´t.

In this menu acitvities on different devices are mixed.

So what I did: Add a new action "Kodi", added TV, the AVR, and the RasPi. Choosed the inputs.

What happend (surprise!): I can not only switch on these three devices with the button "Kodi" (which I don´t need). But the effect is, that volume is controlled now in the AVR, all other buttons control OSMC/Kodi!

You can also assign the actions manually to diffrent devices: Go to "Buttons", Buttons of the Remote Control: The pulldown-menu offers the possibility to change actions, too.

best regards, urmel

Edited by urmelostsee