Flirc Forums

Raspberry Pi 2 w. FLIRC Case - screw size

bwbadger

The screws which came with my FLIRC case don't seem to be long enough to reach through the bottom plate, the Pi PCB and into the holes.  Without the Pi and the base they screw in fine ... so they are just not long enough.

I'm happy to get more screws from the hardware store.  What size should I be asking for?

Thanks

Please reach out: flirc.tv/contact

It's a problem with the cases, and I'll send you a new one.

It's a problem on the manufacturing line that effects a small portion of cases. I'm still working with them to better identify it. Very sorry for the inconvenience

Hi Jason, I too have sent you a message via the contact board.  I'm over in the UK though and hadn't realised you were based in the States!

I bought my order through Amazon UK, and guessing it'll be a pain for you to send a replacement -  so for the cases which don't have screws long enough, which size screws will I need??  I'm assuming the contact above referencing 2.5x8mm screws is for those with the replacement case itself, but if we're keeping the original case, will 2.5x12mm suffice?? 

Cheers!!

Flirc sent me a replacement case after I discovered that my case would not accept the M2.5 8mm screws. The 8mm screws worked in the replacement case but the threads of the screw holes of the first case were recessed in the bore. I thought longer screws might work with the first case so, for a few bucks, I ordered four M2.5 12mm screws online from metric screws. Now I have two functioning Flirc cases.

Awesome, enjoy them and use them in good health.

This is a manufacturing problem, and there is no guarantee that longer screws will work for everyone. They have some holes not tapped at all. 

In any case, I'm charging them for each mistake, so it's going to magically disappear soon.

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Jason,

I bought a FLIRC case back in March but have only just got round to using it, and it too has the same problem with screw length. I cant find any local store or garage that keeps this size screw. It looks like it should be about 12mm long.

Can you help?

Thanks

Chris