Flirc Forums

Contextual menu Kodi

wobblyman

looking at the Kodi layout keys (controlers menu )

you are missing the Contextual menu key ,,,,same as pressing c on keyboard when in Kodi .....

could you please add this as  shortcut .. Contextual menu is used a lot in Kodi ...thank you  if i have missed it iam sorry

Edited by wobblyman

• 2 years later...

Since Kodi 16, Context menu is accessible by long pressing the Enter/OK key. Also it's not that hard to record the C key on the full keyboard controller in the GUI.

As this issue wasn't critical in any way it probably got lost between other, more pressing issues. Anyway, I'll ask @jason if he could look into it.

Thanks for your suggestion. It will be eventually added, but in the mean time if you need this key you can add it yourself: just select Keyboard controller in Flirc GUI and record some remote button for C key.

@markb81, it's relatively easy to just select the keyboard as he mentioned and just program it yourself. It probably took longer to ask this question than to just program the key. 

Well the reason I asked was that I had quite a lot of trouble adding the contextual menu to my menu button on my harmony one remote. The holding OK for a long time doesn't function on Harmony One.

I noticed that my menu button on my remote just was not functioning. I fixed it by adding the contextual menu action to the button on the Flirc device (in MyHarmony). I then could bind the menu button to the full keyboard C key. I did add the contextual menu action to the menu button in my 'watch a movie action', however to funtion on Flirc that's not enough. It needs to be added to the Flirc Device in MyHarmony.

So it was more of a Harmony issue then a Flirc issue. Finding this method I needed to google. It would be more userfriendly to just add the button to the layout, because the Flirc software speaks for itself and can be installed/configured without the need for googling.

Thanks.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...