Flirc Forums

Harmony Touch + Flirc + WOL/sleep How?

ady702

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to power on a HP Microserver with a Harmony remote?

I have a HP running Win 8.1 with a Flirc USB IR to use with Plex Home Theatre. I dont always have this on as I'm not home all the time so when I do want to watch something I just want to use the remote press power and have it all boot up to watch.
I cant seem to find much on how to do this with the Harmony touch software with Flirc? any ideas?

I tried to use the Keyboard part in Flirc software and use the Wake button, but when I press a button on remote to record it doesn't detect anything?

Thanks

I'm kinda in the same boat. I've got PHT on my HTPC hooked up to my tv and I don't want to use a keyboard or mouse to control it. I'm using a Harmony with a Flirc USB. I can wake on lan using Team Viewer when I manually power down or sleep through the physical power button or navigating to the menu option. PHT autostarts after reboots through the startup menu. But I'd like to have single commands on the Harmony that will put the machine to sleep/wake or restart. I've tried the various shutdown,wake/suspend commands through Flirc but they don't work. I even created sleep and reboot keyboard shortcuts on the desktop and mapping them through Flirc but that doesn't work either. Any help would be great thanks.   

I use TeamViewer to boot up the Microserver which automatically starts Plex and ready to go. This is a pain as I have to start up my tablet to run Teamviewer and get it going, I just want to run it from the remote.

Have you tried wake from usb? I think I need to try this but I dont know how to get the remote to send a "wake" command to Flirc though!