Flirc Forums

Consecutive Keystrokes

stylekyle

I can't seem to find a definitive answer.  I'm considering buying one of these but was curious if a single button on my remote could trigger a series of buttons on the FLIRC?  Sort of a macro.

Basically, I'd like to press one button on my remote, and have it Wake the computer -> enter my password to unlock windows -> set the audio levels to max on the pc -> launch windows media center.

From what I gather in the forums, this could be done with eventghost, but it seams cumbersome to setup.

A second question, can a single keystroke send overlapping keystrokes, such as "CTRL+ALT+A" ?

Edited by stylekyle

A second question, can a single keystroke send overlapping keystrokes, such as "CTRL+ALT+A"

This is possible. Just assign the key combo to the remote button using the software.

Basically, I'd like to press one button on my remote, and have it Wake the computer -> enter my password to unlock windows -> set the audio levels to max on the pc -> launch windows media center.

Flirc won't do this natively

It's just as Chris said.

I'll extend this answer a little. You need to discern two cases:

1. Key combinations with modifier keys. This is fully supported. You can use any modifier key combination with a single normal key. For example CTRL+Alt+A, or even Left Shift+Right Win+Left Alt+B etc.

2. Key sequences. This is not supported. You can only map a single key combination to a single remote button.

There are also some problems with the sequence you've specifically asked about.

Wake the computer -> enter my password to unlock windows -> set the audio levels to max on the pc -> launch windows media center

I'm not sure you can achieve that even using EventGhost. I don't know if you can enter password using software. It could be possible using an universal remote which supports macros. After pressing a button on such remote on which a macro is stored the remote would send a sequence of signals stored in the macro. You would need to assign those signals in Flirc to a wake key, to specific letters (for the password entry) and to key combinations that would execute Windows shortcuts that would change volume level and start the WMC (or the last two actions could be done in AutoHotKey or EventGhost).