Flirc Forums

FW Update -> Poor Results

Phydeaux

http://downloads.flirc.tv/release/gui/

Find your OS, and try Gui Version v1.3.3

GUI version v1.3.3 has fw v1.3.4 which has a very subtle and important difference between v1.3.5 and v1.3.6.

Can you guys give that a shot?

**EDIT **

Sorry, forgot the most important part.  Once you get the gui, go to File->Force Upgrade.

That loads the embedded version that's in the GUI release

• 2 weeks later...

When I install v 1.3.3 it says at the bottom 'unsupported firmware, try upgrading'. When I go to file->upgrade flirc I get 'Please connect flirc'. When I try file->advanced I see all the options are greyed out. I assume this is because v 1.3.3 gui does not recognise my flirc running a newer firmware release. what am I missing here?

Ah ha! To downgrade I found that I can run 'flirc_util.exe dfu' from a command prompt and then start flirc.exe

That seems to kick in the bootloader and then things start to work.

I tried all versions after 1.2.4 and all of them show the same issue for me sadly :(

• 1 month later...

Ah ha! To downgrade I found that I can run 'flirc_util.exe dfu' from a command prompt and then start flirc.exe

That seems to kick in the bootloader and then things start to work.

I tried all versions after 1.2.4 and all of them show the same issue for me sadly :(

I have had to downgrade until 1.2.6 because last FW dont work for me. Lirc stop working on my android stb after some minutes... But when I try to downgrade to FW 2.6 the GUI hangs with the message "Firmware being upgraded, please wait..." and remains there indefinitely.... what can i do?