Flirc Forums

Can't locate a 'record' button in controller profiles to pair for instant recording

i5tvan

Hi Guys,

I received my Flirc and paired most of the functions that i use via the GUI.

I use the MythTV PVR plugin within KODI, and when browsing the EPG i usually use the 'record' button on my remote to schedule a recording of a TV listing.

I've looked through all the controller profiles in Flirc GUI, but cannot locate a 'record' button to pair.

Am i missing something?

I realise there are other ways to schedule a recording, but the 'record' button allows me to schedule with a single step (1 click).

Other methods take longer, so I would prefer to pair the 'record' buttom on my remote to the function.

Thanks.

Hi,

I use the MythTV PVR plugin within KODI, and when browsing the EPG i usually use the 'record' button on my remote to schedule a recording of a TV listing.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. You are saying that you usually use record button to schedule the recording but at the same time you say that you can't find the record button. Do you have another IR receiver which allows you to use the record button?

I don't use the TV functionality in Kodi, so I don't know key bindings for this context. You should be able to find them in Kodi documentation. Maybe Kodi has some key binding to set the schedule - if yes then you just need to record the "record" button on the remote for this key combination on Keyboard controller in GUI.

Thanks Chris,

That link was very useful, I reviewed the keyboard functions and mapped a few extra keys that I used frequently with my previous remote.

'b' maps to record function 'schedule recording timers', which is a different function, It does not directly enable a recording.

Some forum posts suggested that in previous versions of XBMC, the keyboard letter 'g' was for the record function.

The current kodi keyboard layout has no function assigned to 'g'.

I installed the keymap editor add-on to Kodi, then editing the default keymap.

I found 'record' within the PVR functions, and mapped to the fancy red record button on my new remote.

Record function now working!

Thanks for your help, I wasnt expecting such a quick response to my post.

Thanks all!

• Like 1