Flirc Forums

Duplicate Key IDs on buttons

SheHateMe

This is starting to annoy the heck out of me. I literally have to fight with the Flirc interface to get buttons mapped. A lot of the time, buttons end up having the same Key ID somehow even when they are assigned to different functions in the Harmony Remote suite..and I have to spend hours doing random things to get Flirc to register it to another Key ID. Very annoying.

I am using the Harmony One and would really appreciate if anyone can offer any help to me. Currently, I have the functions I want mapped, but I added three new buttons to the touch screen on the One and tried to set them up in Flirc. At first, everything was fine, I mapped some combo keypresses and thought I was on my way until XBMC/Kodi's keymap editor kept registering the new buttons as being other buttons with the same ID (So, the LiveTV button has the same Key ID as the Guide button.. Therefore, when I press "LiveTV" the Guide function comes up instead). I just wiped the config on the Flirc because everything is screwed up now.... I'd really like to spare myself the headache of working on the config for another few hours just to run into the duplicate ID issue again.

Also, I constantly have to restart my computer because messing around with these duplicate buttons causes a weird issue where I am no longer able to use my keyboard on my computer to type.

How are you guys using the Harmony One with this? Is there anyway to get a printout from Flirc of what the current config actually looks like...like what keyboard keys are assigned to the remote and what the corresponding Key ID is for the particular button on the remote?

What do I need to do? If I turn off bultin profiles in Flirc, the remote is not picked up by XBMC. 

Im on Windows 8.1 and I am using Kodi V14. Im on the latest firmware on the Flirc. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by SheHateMe

Theres a version 3.5? The installer I got from the homepage was 1.3.4. Ill try looking at the settings when I get home :)

Sorry for seemingly super angry, I just really want this to work ;)

The software version 1.3.4 includes firmware 3.5 :).

• 1 month later...

I think I'm having a related issue although I'm using a Yamaha RAV370 universal remote.

I recently upgraded Flirc to 1.3.4 (fw 3.5) and suddenly my keymappings stopped working. I reloaded my config to no avail so I decided to start re-programming it.

This remote sends alternating key sequences so I have to record two key presses per key assignment. I'm finding that in some cases Flirc is reading the second key assignment as a previously assigned key. as an example, let's say I assign the up arrow , then I assign the left arrow, the second key assignment for the left arrow will sometimes become the up arrow. It will pop up a "Button already exists!" dialog box.

I've followed some of the troubleshooting tips from this page: https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204074695-Flirc-isn-t-sending-the-correct-function-to-my-device 

are there any additional diagnostics / troubleshooting available?

all of this worked properly with firmware 3.3, is there any way to downgrade the firmware for a quick fix?

I'm using Flirc on a mac running OS X 10.7.5. I didn't see any command line utilities for the mac.

Thanks

Yamaha RAV370 universal/programmable remote. it was bundled with the Yamaha DSP-AX3800 A/V amplifier

If it's a universal remote, what device is currently programed to be paired with filrc? 

My recommendation is just switching the device on the remote. If you find out what it is now, let me know, it will help me. But that's usually pretty hard to find out.

Sorry, maybe it's not completely universal.  it's got its own set of commands and it can emulate other (limited list of) remotes and can learn some functions from other remotes.

most importanly, nothing with the remote configuration has changed between the time the Flirc was working properly with this remote and when it stopped working.  the only difference was the upgrade to the 3.5 firmware.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem using regular Philips LCD TV remote. I was trying to save all the alternating key sequences I was suprised that there are no 2 alternat keys but 6 in one direction ?!

Recorded Keys:
Index  hash        key
-----  ---------   ---
    0  BBE7956A    left
    1  7054A4FC    left
    2  2615C6E7    left
    3  40ED702E    left
    4  31B46878    left
    5  31B46791    left
    6  54A5251E    up
    7  321D334    up
    8  BBE79651    right
    9  C58AD55E    right
   10  615BCA0B    right
   11  64F56ADE    return
   12  3288EA3B    return
   13  D811DF02    return
   14  2615E4A7    down
   15  BBE7B411    down
   16  55B0A45E    escape
   17  D79315B4    escape
   18  1556A861    escape
   19  D793337B    escape
   20  2900AE98    escape

Never the less the main problem is that flirc is somehow mixing the keys as for instance when I press left it is sometimes acting as right  or return. As I am new flirc user I have never tried older firmwares before. I am open to downgrade FW and try that again where  I can donwload the older FW ?

Edited by elfnino

I have a universal remote that has the Red/Yellow/Green/Blue bottons, and I have this exact issue whenever I have the remote programmed to a device that utilizes these four buttons.

I am able to program the Flirc receiver with ease when I have the remote programmed to a device that doesn't use these buttons.

This didn't happen in older versions of the firmware, but happens on all of the more recent versions.

I believe version 2.6 was the last version I was able to use, but I can't find the download for that anymore.

It's very annoying because I like to program these buttons to do certain tasks in Kodi, such as Subtitle On/Off, Audio Delay, Watched Toggle, etc...

I have a universal remote that has the Red/Yellow/Green/Blue bottons, and I have this exact issue whenever I have the remote programmed to a device that utilizes these four buttons.

I am able to program the Flirc receiver with ease when I have the remote programmed to a device that doesn't use these buttons.

This didn't happen in older versions of the firmware, but happens on all of the more recent versions.

I believe version 2.6 was the last version I was able to use, but I can't find the download for that anymore.

It's very annoying because I like to program these buttons to do certain tasks in Kodi, such as Subtitle On/Off, Audio Delay, Watched Toggle, etc...

what kind of remote, and what kind of device?

what kind of remote, and what kind of device?

Remote - Philips SRP4004/27

I've tried a variety of devices when I programmed the remote.

I wasn't ever able to get the Flirc programmed if the R/Y/G/B buttons were enabled.

The other issue I noticed when the R/Y/G/B buttons were enabled is that each button had to be programmed twice.

So I would program right arrow once, program it again and the repeat that for the remainder of the buttons.

Eventually I would get the "this has already been programmed" message, which then threw off the Flirc mapping entirely.

I got close once by saving the profile every time I programmed a button. I would then restore the profile once I received the error and would continue programming the Flirc.

That failed once I realized that the play button was sending the same command as another button.

All of these issues go away when I program the remote to a device that doesn't have the R/Y/G/B buttons enabled.

I was able to duplicate this on v1.3.5-rc.2, v1.3.5-rc.3 and v1.3.6. I know that it worked on the old firmware because this all started when I upgraded the firmware on my Flirc.

I shouldn't have upgraded the firmware, because it was working perfectly before...

Edited by aiccucs

• 8 months later...

this forum is extrememly supportive... 

I ran into the same problem with the brand new flirc fw v3.6. 

I was able to find a way to downgrade the firmware. Luckily, GUI apps have specific fw versions bundled. 

So the approach is as follows 

- Download previous GUI version here: http://downloads.flirc.tv/release/gui/

- Connect flirc, don't run the GUI yet

- In terminal/console, go to flirc GUI folder (on MacOS - cd /Applications/Flirc.app/Contents/Resources)

- On MacOS I had to copy a lib: 

cp libusb-1.0.0.dylib /usr/local/lib

- Run

flirc_util dfu

- Now start the flirc app. It will download the firmware and install it to the thing.

I had to try several versions. 1.2.8 finally worked with me. 

I still have to program each button twice, but at least there are no conflicts

this forum is extrememly supportive... 

I ran into the same problem with the brand new flirc fw v3.6. 

I was able to find a way to downgrade the firmware. Luckily, GUI apps have specific fw versions bundled. 

So the approach is as follows 

- Download previous GUI version here: http://downloads.flirc.tv/release/gui/

- Connect flirc, don't run the GUI yet

- In terminal/console, go to flirc GUI folder (on MacOS - cd /Applications/Flirc.app/Contents/Resources)

- On MacOS I had to copy a lib: 

cp libusb-1.0.0.dylib /usr/local/lib

- Run

flirc_util dfu

- Now start the flirc app. It will download the firmware and install it to the thing.

I had to try several versions. 1.2.8 finally worked with me. 

I still have to program each button twice, but at least there are no conflicts

Thanks for posting this.

I gave up on my flirc because of this issue, but I'll give it another shot using your directions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, im having The same issue + other 2. 

I've spent days reading and troubleshooting but still the same.

BTW that page http://downloads.flirc.tv/release/gui/ its been down for a while. Cant find old Flirc builds to test, i want to downgrade.

@Jason I wrote you a pm and via Contact at the bottom of this page. Please reply.

Edited by Veronica