Flirc Forums

GUI locks KB/Mouse when launched

dandirk

Haven't received by FLIRC yet, just wanted to check the software out.

Is it normal for the flirc software to disable keyboard and mouse when launched (obviously without flirc plugged in)?

With 0.97, when I launch the GUI, keyboard and mouse lock up and are unresponsive (even lights on KB don't toggle with caps lock etc), I have to force power down via case button.

Now my setup is a bit unique, not many use hardware KVMs. So the KVM could be the issue...

KB: MS Natural ergo USB KB (no software installed)

Mouse: Logitech G5 (no software installed)

KVM: ATEN CubiQ (dual DVI monitor/USB supports 2 computer switching)

With 0.97, when I launch the GUI, keyboard and mouse lock up and are unresponsive

Happens with my mac - I found it doesn't happen when Flirc is plugged in (i.e. only when it isn't plugged in and the GUI is running does it exhibit this behaviour)

So as far as i'm concerned it's a non-issue.

If the software is causing these symptoms when Flirc is plugged in then please do start a new thread and we can try to sort something out.

hope you enjoy your Flirc when it arrives, pleasant regards

Chris!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't received by FLIRC yet, just wanted to check the software out.

Is it normal for the flirc software to disable keyboard and mouse when launched (obviously without flirc plugged in)?

With 0.97, when I launch the GUI, keyboard and mouse lock up and are unresponsive (even lights on KB don't toggle with caps lock etc), I have to force power down via case button.

Now my setup is a bit unique, not many use hardware KVMs. So the KVM could be the issue...

KB: MS Natural ergo USB KB (no software installed)

Mouse: Logitech G5 (no software installed)

KVM: ATEN CubiQ (dual DVI monitor/USB supports 2 computer switching)

All depending of your KVM switch , I just try with mine ( opniplex ).. and FLIRC works flawlessly.. for example ; in case that you want to switch from your HTPC to other Pc using the KVMs must of them use ( scroll - scroll ) key ..in my HTPC with the FLIRC I programed a hot key binding to SCROLL LOCK key ..press twice , and get to switch work .... I did that for compare how s working XBMC on windows 7 vs windows Home server 2011 .. with a same or different configs... I have a harmony remote with a couple of keys available to prog.

1- my HTPC XBMC windows 7 64 -with FLIRC in a usb3.0 ; no keyboard , no mouse ( using XBMC in start up and a key for sleep - wakeup power set on in My custom plan - power option)

2- my 2d HTPC XBMC WHS 64 - with out FLIRC ( optional if you want to add a second flirc to a second PC ) with a logitech keyboad - mouse more than 10 ` feet operational ...

.. well in my final conclusion . I stay with my HTPC-XBMC with windows 7 64 for others reason...( Included the Flirc )

curiously : in any of these pc on when i hit the key in my harmony 700 programed with a double command key to Scroll - Scroll funtion.. the pcs switching perfect..I think beacuse the Flirc in a usb 3.0 sufficient voltage feeding on even when I switched to another pc.. but if i change the flirc to the other one in a regular usb 2.0.. doesnt work...and the flirc get interference with video issues when i try to play some video file ( MKV ) into the XMC..

well i think you got my language ...

sorry for my bad english

good luck

regards

Edited by PEDRORADIO