Flirc Forums

RASPBMC, FLIRC, HARMONY ULTIMATE

pierceit

I'm a dad. I have spent 5 days putting together toys that my kids got for Christmas. Setting up iPads and new laptops for relatives and today I finally got time to play with one of my new toys - the Flirc - and planned to spend several hours on this to get it all working.

BUT...

I plugged Flirc into my little RASPBMC box and added the Flirc device to my Harmony Ultimate remote.

BAM!!! - it all worked the first time with NO FREAKING ISSUES

Wow - I am done in 10 minutes flat

I totally didn't expect this.

I have only 3 questions:

- on my Harmony remote, for the life of me, I can't find the button that is equivalent to the HOME button on other xbmc remotes.Is there one? Do I need an update or something?

- when I go to the search screen on the xbmc, I wish a keyboard menu would pop open on the HARMONY iOS app so I can type on the smartphone instead of using the arrow keys. Is there a way to make this happen?

- Should I be installing any software on the Raspberry Pi or updating any firmware or anything? It seems to good to be true how awesome this is

THANK YOU FLIRC!!! YOU ROCK

i'm not sure what contextual menu means but on other xbmc remote apps on iOS i press the keyboard button to bring up the on screen keyboard (on my iPhone) and i press either the MENU button or the HOME button to take me back to the XBMC home screen. Currently I am having to press the BACK button over and over again to work my way all the way back to the home screen.

Should I be installing any software on the Raspberry Pi or updating any firmware or anything? It seems to good to be true how awesome this is

Nope, once programmed flirc doesn't need any software installed. It's super neat.

on my Harmony remote, for the life of me, I can't find the button that is equivalent to the HOME button on other xbmc remotes.Is there one? Do I need an update or something?

How did you program the remote?

Like this?: https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201676079-Harmony-Remote-Control