Flirc Forums

Logitech and Flirc custom command

shkup

Lets assume I have a windows pc with XBMC.

I want to add it via the keyboard controller keys combination (ctrl+alt+M for instance) that will launch some hotkey shortcut (For example will open XBMC or run some script, whatever..).
Now comes the thing that I don't understand. How should I map between this new custom key combination to a button on my remote?
Does flirc has more than XBMC profile at logitech DB?

Edited by shkup

Once you set your harmony up with the XBMC profile you can still customize how any of the buttons act in the Flirc Gui.  The remote just has to have some key mapped to that button so that it sends a signal.  The Flirc can then assign that to any action in the GUI.  The XBMC profile is nice for XBMC users that want most default keys mapped without having to use the Flirc gui, but it can still be customized.

For example the info button if you don't care about seeing the info, could be mapped to a different key combination like with key modifiers to do the shortcuts you are talking about by using the Flirc gui to record that action and button.

• Like 1

Once you set your harmony up with the XBMC profile you can still customize how any of the buttons act in the Flirc Gui.  The remote just has to have some key mapped to that button so that it sends a signal.  The Flirc can then assign that to any action in the GUI.  The XBMC profile is nice for XBMC users that want most default keys mapped without having to use the Flirc gui, but it can still be customized.

For example the info button if you don't care about seeing the info, could be mapped to a different key combination like with key modifiers to do the shortcuts you are talking about by using the Flirc gui to record that action and button.

I don't have the original IR remote control.. Is there any "dummy" remote control that people use just to emit IR code to learn?

Edited by shkup

Oh I got it!!!
I used an old xtreamer remote. Teached the Flirc the FF IR Code and bind it to key 'F' at the keyboard profile. Then the same for Rewind.
All I have to do is teach the Logitech harmony remote flirc profile the xtreamer remote IR codes (as new commands) and that's it. 
WORKS LIKE A A CHARM!!!

The potential of this small thing is amazing! I can write a powershell script and run it with IR command!!!

Edited by shkup