Flirc Forums

loki

Hi,

i just wanted to say thank you.

Got my flirc yesterday for my streacom htpc and i think it is awesome, but i only had some hours to play with it until now.

Before i start questioning i'm reading through the forum, new IR-Device and new remote (harmony touch) is damn confusing.

My first impression is that this is an XBMC thing, good for me using mediaportal. :(

I'm switching over from the libCEC adapter because there are some features missing like startig programs and powering on both, tv and pc).

That's it! :D

Will head over again when done with the setup or completly distracted. ;)

greetz loki

post-16851-0-39789700-1418775605_thumb.j

Edited by loki

don't worry, the xbmc controller in my GUI is just a bunch of keyboard shortcuts conveniently labeled so you don't have to look them up. All you need is media portal's keyboard shortcuts and you can program them manually with the GUI keyboard controller.

done so, only struggling with power on! works with my wireless keyboard by hitting any key, so it should work via remote too i think.

anything else working smooth, may the harmony thing is a little confusing, whish they had a GUI like yours! ;)

greetz loki

done so, only struggling with power on! works with my wireless keyboard by hitting any key, so it should work via remote too i think.

anything else working smooth, may the harmony thing is a little confusing, whish they had a GUI like yours!  ;)

greetz loki

I've also been planning on buying the Harmony remote myself, but in the end I've bought One-For-All URC-6440. There is a community forum dedicated to EUI/OFA remotes which also hosts a community developed application called RemoteMaster which can program those remotes. We've been working hard to bring support for URC-6440 and other from SimpleSet series. There is even a firmware extension for 6440 (installed very easily in this model) that brings a lot of additional functionality making this remote the best there is for the price, which is much lower than for cheapest Harmony remote.

• Like 1

Oh, you can definitely wake up your machine. Make sure 'sleep detect' is enabled in the advanced settings of the GUI. Power on is the feature that's still in progress.

** EDIT **

Also, make sure you are on v3.3 of the firmware. If not, you must have the 'wake' key recorded which can be found on the keyboard controller view.

On firmware version 2.x, you have to enabled sleep detect, and record the wake key. Only that new key will wake up the machine.

On firmware version 3.3+, you have to have sleep detect enabled. If sleep detect is enabled, any key will wake the machine, but if the wake key is recorded, only the wake key will wake the machine.

• Like 1

awesome, thx guys!  :D

yep, i'm on 3.3 but machine has to be shut down(s5) because my wife is prudish.  :P

take your time for the update, there is no hurry!

greetz loki

You can use S4 which is a "save to disk" state (hibernation in Windows terms). It saves current memory into a file and shuts down the power to most of the components but still allows to wake the system using external events like keyboard (or Flirc).

Actually S5 should also allow the wake to work (at least according to MSDN article about Windows/ACPI power states) but maybe it depends on the mother board itself.

hi all

I bought Streacom device few days ago and i'm not disappointed. All working well and smooth. In near future i'm going to buy another one to my second htpc.

I'm using flirc-se with URC6440 and Panasonic TCP65VT30TV code (1636) without any problems on OpenELEC 4.2.1.

PS. yawor your post was really helpfully for me: - big thx for it.

The last feature i'm waiting is wake from S5.

jason, thx for great job.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poweron doesn't work yet. I'll need a software update. I keep wanting to get to it, but my day job is killing me. Taking next week off so I'll address it this weekend. Very sorry for the inconvenience, it should only take me a few hours.

any news?  :)

greetz loki

• Like 1