Flirc Forums

Flirc connected, but not recording buttons.

hralli

I just received my flirc today.

I installed the software GUI and plugged it in and it recognized my flirc. But when I tried to program my remote it doesn't record, just sits there waiting for an IR signal. I've tried 3 different computers(2 windows 7 64 bit and 1 windows 8.1 64 bit) and many usb ports. I also tried 3 different remotes, no luck. Is my flirc dongle broken or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Edited by hralli

OK so you start the GUI, select one of the controllers from the Controllers menu (or use current one) and click on a button you want to record a remote button for. GUI shows a message "Press the button to be paired with 'xxxx'" and nothing happens when you press any button of the remote, correct?

What remotes have you tried to use?

Also try to keep the distance between remote and Flirc because it is really sensitive and the IR signal can be too strong if you point it directly at Flirc from short distance. I think the recommended minimum distance is 3 feet (1 meter) or you can point the remote at the ceiling and let the signal bounce of it.

Ok, i forced a firmware update again. Formatted it using flirc_util.exe, but still no luck.

I just noticed the usb connector on the flirc is slightly angled downwards in relation to the dongle itself, is it supposed to be like that? I just got it today and I've been pretty gentle with it, so I know I didn't bend it.

I live in Iceland, so returning it and getting a new one will probably be a hassle. Can you tell me whether I'm supposed to send it to my supplier(ModMyPi) or straight to flirc.tv?

Edited by hralli

The USB connector on mine is also slightly bent so don't worry. Also the status command shows this exact message for me too - I think only Jason knows why :).

I'm just helping on the forum so I don't know what return path/method you should take. I think you could try writing to Jason directly (via PM or E-mail - address is on his profile page) or wait until he responds here.

• Like 1