Flirc Forums

XBMC/Kodi v14 changes

Ned Scott

Just a heads up, the default keymaps for Kodi v14 have changed so that P (which is what FLIRC's GUI uses for play/pause on the XBMC window) now only does "play" and not "playpause". This means pressing P while a video is playing will not pause it, like it used to do in XBMC v13. I've actually made a plea to change this behavior for P so that it doesn't break functionality for all the FLIRC users, but so far the pull request hasn't been given the green light: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5910

Ether way, in the future it would be better if the XBMC/Kodi button menu used the multimedia playpause key instead of P.

Also, there are two very common XBMC related keys not on the XBMC control set: smallstepback (quote) and contextmenu ( c ).

Cheers!

Edited by Ned Scott

Hi Ned,

Thanks for taking the time to give us the heads up.

It's pretty convenient that the name change is also occurring, we can keep the "XBMC" preset and introduce a "Kodi" preset.

I'm pretty sure Jason is busy so not sure this will be out in time for Kodi stable release (which I believe is fast approaching).

Cheers,

Chris