Flirc Forums

firmware update(s) messed up through GUI; no wake from sleep

mamma

Hi,

Just received my flirc yesterday.

My setup: box - XBMC Openelec running off USB 3.0 stick on old Dell Vostro notebook; remote - Logiech Harmony 620; Flirc GUI v1.3.0 installed on Win7 machine.

I programmed the remote through Logiech software with profile Flirc/XBMC, then mapped buttons and it works like a charm with my box. The only problem is that it does not wake the box from sleep ("suspended") mode. I did some searching and conluded that I need to enable sleep detection (GUI>File>Advanced>). So now I started dealing with the GUI...

Every time I start the GUI against Flrc I am asked to upgrade firmware, even if I just did it. If I decline to upgrade then nothing in the GUI works ("unsupported firmware"). Obviously I do press Yes to upgrade. Then I enable (checkmark) "sleep detection" to address my wake problem and in order to submit the change to the device I press "Force FW upgrade". At this point I have a message box asking me if I want to upgrade from v3.3 to v3.2 , I do confirm it and it looks like the upgrade goes through. After that I attach Flirc back to the box but it does not respond to remote at all.

After some playing I found a way to restore Flirc to it's original working condition (without wake functionality) - run GUI, yest to upgrade, file>clear configuration, exit GUI.

Hope this will be helpful as feedback.

Still want to have ability to wake the box when I fire the activity on my Harmony remote. Thank you.

P.S. just want to add that my wireless usb mouse does wake up the box - what I want to say is that waking is possible on my box

Edited by mamma

Hi,

Just received my flirc yesterday.

My setup: box - XBMC Openelec running off USB 3.0 stick on old Dell Vostro notebook; remote - Logiech Harmony 620; Flirc GUI v1.3.0 installed on Win7 machine.

I programmed the remote through Logiech software with profile Flirc/XBMC, then mapped buttons and it works like a charm with my box. The only problem is that it does not wake the box from sleep ("suspended") mode. I did some searching and conluded that I need to enable sleep detection (GUI>File>Advanced>). So now I started dealing with the GUI...

Every time I start the GUI against Flrc I am asked to upgrade firmware, even if I just did it. If I decline to upgrade then nothing in the GUI works ("unsupported firmware"). Obviously I do press Yes to upgrade. Then I enable (checkmark) "sleep detection" to address my wake problem and in order to submit the change to the device I press "Force FW upgrade". At this point I have a message box asking me if I want to upgrade from v3.3 to v3.2 , I do confirm it and it looks like the upgrade goes through. After that I attach Flirc back to the box but it does not respond to remote at all.

After some playing I found a way to restore Flirc to it's original working condition (without wake functionality) - run GUI, yest to upgrade, file>clear configuration, exit GUI.

Hope this will be helpful as feedback.

Still want to have ability to wake the box when I fire the activity on my Harmony remote. Thank you.

P.S. just want to add that my wireless usb mouse does wake up the box - what I want to say is that waking is possible on my box

Are you using a public image, or a stable release? Sounds like a beta image?

Are you using a public image, or a stable release? Sounds like a beta image?

Jason, I am sorry. You are correct, I found that it was a beta. I just installed the current production release and the annoying startup "upgrade firmware" message does not show up; when I do "force fw upgrade" now it asks me  if I want to upgrade from v3.3 to v3.3. My remote works but still I don't know how to achieve waking the box up from sleep. Could you please give me a step-by-step instruction (if this functionality is available). Thanks in advance!

File->Advanced.

Make sure enable sleep detection is enabled.

Any key should wake up the machine, UNLESS, you've recorded the wake button on the full keyboard controller view. If you have recorded the wake button, then only the wake button will wake the machine (to prevent accidents).

Let me know if that helps, works, if you have trouble.

Great, it works with any key. My mistake was that I expected Flirc to wake the box just by pressing the activity button on my remote. I don't mind pressing an extra button, as long as I don't need to do it with my mouse.

BTW, I did not recorded any buttons through Flirc GUI, it all works flawlessly through Harmony Flirc/XBMC profile seup + mapping keys within the same Harmony soft.

Thanks again for the prompt help!