Flirc Forums

FLIRC from Amazon refuses to recognize remotes or update firmware- advice?

Tassyr

So yeah, the title. I got one off amazon for use with OpenELEC- it arrived a day or two ago, so I sit down to program it on my pc. (Win764.)

and that's as far as I've gotten. NO remote used will recognize. In an attempt to figure that out I decided to force a firmware update. At best it'll get to 1/3 progress bar, lock, and sit there in definitely.

Help?

(Additional info; the program can detect when I've plugged in the FLIRC device, but not when I've removed it. Odd.)

Edited by Tassyr

OK it seems that it's not flashed correctly. Close the GUI and open it up again when the Flirc is already connected. Does it ask you if you want to upgrade the firmware? If not try again using "Force firmware upgrade" in advanced options.

Do you have access to another computer to try firmware upgrade on it?

Question. I MIGHT have a friend who can donate a really, really old laptop that barely runs xp for this. Will I be able to run things from that?

Got the laptop, got both the 0.96 and 1.3.0 versions installed on it.

The .96 sees the device as connected and the firmware as v2.3 but has no force update mode.

The 1.3.0 does NOT see the device, says it wants to update firmware, and promptly locks up indefinitely again.

Edited by Tassyr

It's definitley something with windows. It's not able to read the version correctly and then most subsequent commands are probably failing. Close the gui. Unplug Flirc plug it back in and try again. I'm really sorry, there are some instances with windows this happens and I can not reproduce it. Maybe I can send you a version that will give me logging information if the above does not work. Let me know.

It's definitley something with windows. It's not able to read the version correctly and then most subsequent commands are probably failing. Close the gui. Unplug Flirc plug it back in and try again. I'm really sorry, there are some instances with windows this happens and I can not reproduce it. Maybe I can send you a version that will give me logging information if the above does not work. Let me know.

So yeah, NEITHER computer, after a reboot, different USB port, and clean reinstall each, simply refuse to work. Hell, if it were my laptop I'd just mail you the thing; it's almost ten years old.