Flirc Forums

RPM install problems on Fedora 20

Ptrax

I'm trying to upgrade my current FLIRC package using the following command

rpm -Uhv flirc-1.2.6-2.i386.rpm

and it produces the following error / conflicts

Preparing...                          ################################# [100%]
        file / from install of flirc-1.2.6-2.i386 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-19.fc20.i686
        file /lib from install of flirc-1.2.6-2.i386 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-19.fc20.i686
        file /usr/bin from install of flirc-1.2.6-2.i386 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-19.fc20.i686

is this the latest and is there a packaging problem here?

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to upgrade my current FLIRC package using the following command

rpm -Uhv flirc-1.2.6-2.i386.rpm

and it produces the following error / conflicts

Preparing...                          ################################# [100%]
        file / from install of flirc-1.2.6-2.i386 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-19.fc20.i686
        file /lib from install of flirc-1.2.6-2.i386 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-19.fc20.i686
        file /usr/bin from install of flirc-1.2.6-2.i386 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-19.fc20.i686

is this the latest and is there a packaging problem here?

That's the latest RPM I could find too. It's old and I got the same errors you did. Here's what I did to create a working (and current) version:

1. Download the latest DEB file that matches your architecture here: http://apt.flirc.tv/arch. For example, for 64 bit at this time that's http://apt.flirc.tv/arch/x64/binary/flirc_1.3.2-1_amd64.deb.
  2. Convert it to an RPM with alien: sudo alien -r flirc_1.3.2-1_amd64.deb
  3. Remove the unnecessary and conflicting entries: rpmrebuild -p --change-spec-files="grep -i flirc" flirc-1.3.2-2.x86_64.rpm

That command will create a new rpm that should install cleanly and seems to work fine for me. I'm on Fedora 21 64-bit.

Thanks, Couldn't the flirc admin upload the converted version

He probably could, but then he would need to keep rpm version up to date himself and this would probably require to keep an RPM based distribution to prepare the package or even keep a yum repository.

I think there is nothing wrong with third party repackaging and keeping it as external repositories. For example Flirc software is already available in AUR which is Arch Linux User Repository and have a maintainer there and its going into official Arch Linux repositories sooner or later.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I run Fedora 21 amd64 and I followed step by step the post #4 dbran666 howto and tryed to install. Unfortunately I got the same error as Ptrax.

Running transaction check
Running transaction test

Transaction check error:
  file / from install of flirc-1.3.5-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-28.fc21.x86_64
  file /usr/bin from install of flirc-1.3.5-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-28.fc21.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------

How can I fix that?

There are 3 different packages in the link http://apt.flirc.tv/arch/x86_64/

What are the differences?

Thanks

Hi,

I run Fedora 21 amd64 and I followed step by step the post #4 dbran666 howto and tryed to install. Unfortunately I got the same error as Ptrax.

Running transaction test

Transaction check error:
  file / from install of flirc-1.3.5-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-28.fc21.x86_64
  file /usr/bin from install of flirc-1.3.5-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-28.fc21.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------

How can I fix that?

There are 3 different packages in the link http://apt.flirc.tv/arch/x86_64/

What are the differences?

Thanks

I need to fix this. Can you use the latest release candidate? Or you can just unpack the deb.

I'd be happy to try the latest release candidate but unfortunately I can't find it.

I am not very skilled in that subject but I can follow some directives.

This link should be updated to lead directly to the download page.

https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201059883-I-want-the-latest-beta

So could you provide a link to this release?

Could you as well tell the diffrence between the 3 releases? (See my previous post)

EDit:

I found it: Back door is open now

Version: v1.3.2-rc.2

Edited by MrNice

Now I need to know what to do.

Best should be to have an amd64 debian package.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After reading how to build a package, I thing I can't do it in a easy way as I run Fedora and not a Debian distro.

So I need help, someone to provide a debian package.

Many, many thanks.

Edited by MrNice

• 2 weeks later...

I Jason,

I did a new test with the debian flirc_1.3.6-1_amd64.deb

Changed it to rpm with alien then tried to install

I got the sames errors:

Running transaction test
Transaction check error:
  file / from install of flirc-1.3.6-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-28.fc21.x86_64
  file /usr/bin from install of flirc-1.3.6-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package filesystem-3.2-28.fc21.x86_64

Let me know if you need more tests

• 1 month later...

I run Fedora 21, 64 bit. As of today, the rpm package on the downloads page is still broken, but I was able to install from the flirc_1.3.6-1_amd64.deb file in the way dbrand666 described above. It'd sure give users a greater feeling of confidence if the packages on the downloads page would work "out of the box."

Having said that, I should also say that, once installed, the program worked perfectly; setting up my Flirc on my laptop to get my Harmony One remote talking to my MythTV system was very easy and Flirc "just worked" when plugged into the MythTV box.