Flirc Forums

config won't launch with Windows, and erase key function erratic

bill

Hi,

I bought a flirc recently and I love it, however in the last few days its giving more consistent problems.

I always have the flirc plugged into the same USB port. My flirc firmware is 3.0 and using Windows 7 Ultimate

1. when the pc just boots up I expect the flirc to work right away, and from the last used configuration.

However it won't respond until I manually launch the flirc software. Sometimes I even have to manually load my saved config to have it working.

I really wants to use my remote after pc booted up, any manual intervention after boot up is extremely inconvenient. How can I solve this problem?

2. The Erase function is very erratic and after I erased a key I still got prompted (key already in use) when I attempt to assign that key a new function. I tried erase the key many times still the same problem. I think I succeed once many days ago but no joy after that occasion.

Any advice is appreciated,

Hi,

I bought a flirc recently and I love it, however in the last few days its giving more consistent problems.

I always have the flirc plugged into the same USB port. My flirc firmware is 3.0 and using Windows 7 Ultimate

1. when the pc just boots up I expect the flirc to work right away, and from the last used configuration.

However it won't respond until I manually launch the flirc software. Sometimes I even have to manually load my saved config to have it working.

I really wants to use my remote after pc booted up, any manual intervention after boot up is extremely inconvenient. How can I solve this problem?

2. The Erase function is very erratic and after I erased a key I still got prompted (key already in use) when I attempt to assign that key a new function. I tried erase the key many times still the same problem. I think I succeed once many days ago but no joy after that occasion.

Any advice is appreciated,

Send me an email, I'll get it replaced. There is a workaround in my bootloader. Issue number 1. will be remedied by an update. I can eventually do in field upgrades of the bootloaders, but it's a ton of work, I don't have the time yet.

2. I've only ever been able to reproduce once. Send me your configuration when it says the key says already erased but actually didn't erase. I think I can fix this, just need the config.