Flirc Forums

View mappings .fcfg

MrJ

Hi,

Is there any way to view a saved config file in order to view the button mappings that were saved in it?

The GUI doesnt show my mappings when i load a config file, likely because it was done in an older version (which I am unable to downgrade too)

I have uploaded the config file but have no idea how to view it (Notepad doesnt show anything meaningful)

Cheers

my_flirc_config_VM.fcfg

Got your email too, I'll respond here for the benefit of others.

Okay, so you can with the commandline utility. You can reload the configuration and do:

flirc_util settings

Unfortunately though, I map the buttons as an un-compressible format. You'll at the least be able to see what buttons have been recorded. We can always work out downgrading too, but it's a manual process. Let know.

Sincerely,
Jason

Is there any way you would be able to post the button mappings from that config file in this thread?

I saw another thread where someone had done this in order to troubleshoot a bug.

I think i'm just going to remap the buttons using the latest rc and hope for the best now. Simpler. It would just be useful to reference my old mappings as it was near to perfect with xbmc.

Cheers

Am I out of luck with this request?

I really just need to reference a mapping. I used to have a button mapped which would first go to the top of the menu (parentdirectory) then back to the previous screen menu, and so on in xbmc.

For the life of me I can't replicate this behaviour. I have one or the other i.e it just goes to the top of a menu and nothing else, or it just goes back to the previous screen. I have no idea how to use cmdline to view the mapping file but saw someone had there's posted.

If you could post my mappings on here, you'd save me a lot of time and frustrations with this / xbmc.

Thanks.

btw, I couldn't find the latest 3.1 rc v9. I can only see 3.1 rc8 on the forum?

Hi,

Have you tried backspace in XBMC? I think this is the behavior you are looking for.

Here are all the keys you had mapped in the config file you posted:

Up Arrow
Down Arrow
Left Arrow
Right Arrow
Return (Enter)
Escape
Page Up
Page Down
Home
End
s