Flirc Forums

Recognise as remote control rather than keyboard?

junkmarsh

Hi everyone

I use Intelliremote to manage all of the remote controls on my machines. It enables me to use different profiles, and allocate a range of actions/keyboard presses to specific remote control buttons.

I bought a flirc because I thought it would enable me to use a universal remote on a new PC. However, I've now learned that flirc actually appears as a keyboard in windows, and not as an IR receiver. I therefore cannot find any way of getting flirc to interact with intelliremote. So:

1. Is there any way of getting flirc to be recognised as an IR receiver rather than a keyboard?

2. If not, is anyone aware of any way that I can get Intelliremote to recognise the flirc inputs? (I know this isn't an intelliremote forum, but I'm assuming at least some people using flirc will also use intelliremote).

Flirc is neat, but if I can't get it to work nicely with Intelliremote, it's not going to be much use to me.

Thanks

Lee

Hi,

Flirc's main advantage is that it works as a keyboard, so you don't need any software for its normal operation (software is needed only for programming). I don't know the Intelliremote software so I can't tell you if there is any way for it to recognize Flirc. I don't think anyone here is using this software - at least no one had ever asked about it before you.

Thanks for replying. I did find one other mention of Intelliremote on the forums (which hinted at some success, but no explanation of how!). I can understand the logic of flirc (makes a lot of sense), it's just not going to fit into my system as I've set it up, so hoping someone may have used it similarly to how I need.

Lee

Oh, silly me. I haven't realized that I was searching only inside this thread :). OK, I've found the other topic about Intelliremote and I think I understand how the author managed to use it. He used two separate receivers: one original for MCE remote which works with Intelliremote which he set up to only do something for numeric and start buttons on the remote, and Flirc as a keyboard for everything else.