Flirc Forums

I am unable to get the Flirc GUI to recognize the dongle on my HTPC. When I try to map the keys, the GUI asks me to "Please connect flirc" and displays the disconnected Flirc face. I have tried plugging Flirc into both USB 3 and USB 2 ports, but neither change the outcome.  Flirc is recognized in the Device Manager, but a second (new) device under "Keyboards" does not appear when the dongle is plugged in (see first attached image); the HID Keyboard Device listed is that of my actual USB keyboard/mouse - not the Flirc. What's weird is that Flirc is recognized as an HID Keyboard Device in the "Devices and Printers" screen (see second attached image).  I have also tried the zadig method (), which did not work for me, and finally tried running the application as Administrator, as someone else had suggested, but the GUI still asks me to connect the Flirc.

Here are the specs for my HTPC:
- Windows 7 Pro x64
- ASRock FM288M Extreme+ (Motherboard)
- Flirc v1.2.7

I was able to plug in Flirc to another computer (Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and different motherboard) and it connected without any problems.  I mapped the basic buttons on this second computer, plugged it into Computer 1 (my HTPC) and the device became unresponsive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

VtvfAeX.jpg

YJ3WGEH.jpg

Edited by easytc

Only one keyboard suggests that that's your system keyboard and not the flirc keyboard. You can double check by double click it. Check out my screenshot.

My vendor ID is 20A0,0x0001

You can find that by clicking on the device.

I bet my device has the wrong driver, if you find it, and uninstall it, and then scan devices, windows will restore the proper driver. It's probably one of the Universal Serial Bus Devices at the bottom.

No problem, I have updated the thread probably 15 times in the past half hour, so it keeps changing (my bad).

- I rebooted without taking any action - no bueno.

- I uninstalled the flirc (Interface 1) under libusbK USB Devices in the Device Manager, replaced the dongle and downloaded the drivers, and rebooted - still didn't do the trick.

You're right, Jason.  The flirc was showing up in the Device Manager under "Universal Serial Bus devices" instead of "Keyboards".  I have reinstalled it so that the generic HID Keyboard Device is present when the flirc is inserted (so now there's two HID devices), but it still isn't connecting.

Edited by easytc

You're right, Jason.  The flirc was showing up in the Device Manager under "Universal Serial Bus devices" instead of "Keyboards".  I have reinstalled it so that the generic HID Keyboard Device is present when the flirc is inserted (so now there's two HID devices), but it still isn't connecting.

let's do a remote session. 

I might have a related issue - on my Win7 HTPC, I installed the drivers and updated to 3.0. The flirc was accepting configurations and everything looked like it would work, but when I tested it on a notepad file, the remote would not navigate or type the numbers 0-9, or do anything.

Finally I plugged in an actual keyboard (my normal configuration has NO keyboard installed), and the flirc immediately started working.

Please post back if your issue was resolved.

Edited by ninja6o4

I might have a related issue - on my Win7 HTPC, I installed the drivers and updated to 3.0. The flirc was accepting configurations and everything looked like it would work, but when I tested it on a notepad file, the remote would not navigate or type the numbers 0-9, or do anything.

Finally I plugged in an actual keyboard (my normal configuration has NO keyboard installed), and the flirc immediately started working.

Please post back if your issue was resolved.

Very strange, not sure why the stystem would need a keyboard, I'll try and reproduce that.

Hi there,

I wonder I've you've made any progress on this issue, because I run into the same or a similar problem. I've installed the SW/driver (I've tried 1.2.6 and 1.2.7), then plugged-in FLIRC. Everything seems fine - all devices are there in the control panel (see images attatched):

post-16112-0-18509200-1412616829_thumb.ppost-16112-0-06446700-1412616826_thumb.p

However the SW won't connect to the device.

The system is based on an MSI Z77A-G45 mainboard (2 x Intel 7 Series/C216 USB 2 controllers +  Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible USB controller), running Win7 x64.

I've tried everything I found in the forums (ran SW as administrator, updated USB controller drivers, checked USB devices using zadig (everything seems just fine), killed my security suite, ran the 1.2.5 debug SW (log attatched to this post flirc_session.txt)).

Tried to run FLIRC on the workstation at the office (Dell Precision T3610 with Renesas USB controller) - connects immediately.

Some input would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Christian

• 4 years later...