Flirc Forums

After a Period of time Flirc Repeatedly Stops working

wisepass1

I just got my new Flirc and I'm having the same issue. If I leave MediaPortal running for a prolonged period of time just idling on the menus Flirc stops responding. USB power saving is off.

Make sure you guys are on the latest firmware. It's at 3.3 now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have been using flirc successfully for several months and have upgraded the firmware from 3.0 to 3.1 &3.2 without any issues. However the other day I upgraded to 3.3 and now my remote does not appear to work after a 30 minute (ish) period of time, I'm using it on my HTPC that is running Ubuntu 14.03 and Kodi (formally XBMC) helix.

Now I'm not sure if this is a Kodi issue or not ? But I just posting to see if this is still a known issues as the posts above suggest that this issues has previously existed..

Is there anyway I can downgrade to a previouse firmware so I can rule out flirc?

Thanks

Ash

Ok I've worked this out, seems there were several issues, not sure how thery occurred as for several months everything was ok, but it started when I upgraded the fw... Some of my keys appears to have a double function ( if that makes sense?) e.g the ok button would only work on every other press, if I pressed it once it would work, pressed again it wouldn't, pressed it again it would and so on. I erased the button and it said button has already been erased, so I tried again and then it said button erased successfully..... To get around this I've just recorded the same function twice for the same button, e.g enter for the ok button, not sure if this is a bug or I've just done something wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having this problem too. It started about a week ago, when I was browsing my media library in xbmc (windows) the cursor would go nuts every once in awhile. A day or two later, the remote was useless, no commands were being received from it. Then a day or two later I noticed flirc updated the firmware automatically to 3.3, so I decided to try it again. No go. I opened the GUI and reprogrammed the keys again, and it worked. Then a couple days later, it stopped working again. Updated the GUI to the latest version, tried reprogramming the keys again, and while each one said it was recorded sucessfully, when I would press any of them they wouldn't light up in the GUI like they had in the past. Erasing them gave me the message saying they had already been erased. I tried restarting, swapping multiple usb ports auntil it finally worked. For about 20 minutes then it failed again. I noticed it would work if the remote was 2 inches from the receiver, hardly practical. Half hour later without any fiddling from me it is working again. It is extremly frustrating and I'm close to returning it and going with something else.

• 4 months later...