Flirc Forums

Feature Request - Windows

kortina

I have been using the command line utility to program my flirc.

Trying to write a batch file so that I can script the prompts for each button, as the GUI is not cutting it.

Features:

1) Can we get a command line "FlircWatch.exe"

This application should just watch for Remote Presses and display the code on the screen (kind of like irw?)

2) Can the config files be in XML?

It would be super handy to be able to edit the config files with a simple text editor.

Combining 1+2, it would be super easy for users to be able to craft and share configs, or see slight differences.

3) Flirc.exe record (command line)

This is missing "Wake" "Period" and "Comma", without these I cant get my Next/Previous chapter to work in XBMC, and cant wakeup my Zotac9300 itx.

4) GUI to include sensitivity settings, with some sort of scale (is Zero super sensitive and 99 super dull?)

I am happy with my flirc so far, but could be a little easier. Probably doesnt help that I spent the first hour using an old XBOX remote. (bad frequency)

I have been using the command line utility to program my flirc.

Trying to write a batch file so that I can script the prompts for each button, as the GUI is not cutting it.

Features:

1) Can we get a command line "FlircWatch.exe"

This application should just watch for Remote Presses and display the code on the screen (kind of like irw?)

2) Can the config files be in XML?

It would be super handy to be able to edit the config files with a simple text editor.

Combining 1+2, it would be super easy for users to be able to craft and share configs, or see slight differences.

3) Flirc.exe record (command line)

This is missing "Wake" "Period" and "Comma", without these I cant get my Next/Previous chapter to work in XBMC, and cant wakeup my Zotac9300 itx.

4) GUI to include sensitivity settings, with some sort of scale (is Zero super sensitive and 99 super dull?)

I am happy with my flirc so far, but could be a little easier. Probably doesnt help that I spent the first hour using an old XBOX remote. (bad frequency)

1. That would actually be pretty difficult. Since all the 'keys' seen are keyboard presses, I'd have to develop something special. However, it would certainly be an invaluable debug tool, so yes.

2. Yeah, eventually, It'll get there. We're talking how to make this more social friendly.

3. I'm working fairly hard on wake. Period and comma should actually be there. Try:

flirc record .

flirc record ,

4) It's planned, I'm going to have something coherent to read like a Sensitive <-----> Least Sensitive scale.

I want to apologize, I've fallen behind in development. For those who don't know, it's really just me putting in all the time and work, and I have a full time job on top of this. But in the next coming weeks, things will certainly pick up again as I'm pushing very hard to ensure this happens.

I want to apologize, I've fallen behind in development. For those who don't know, it's really just me putting in all the time and work, and I have a full time job on top of this. But in the next coming weeks, things will certainly pick up again as I'm pushing very hard to ensure this happens.

Flirc is such an awesome idea I'm personally glad you came up with it and that you entertain good ideas like the ones in this thread. It would be great if it became successful enough to become your only responsibility.

FWIW, I completely second the desire for both a human readable/editable config file, and a tool that shows when a button is pressed, but clearly you see the value in this and probably don't need a bunch of extra clamoring for them in order to be convinced to try! :D