Flirc Forums

FLIRC for XBMC MCE and Harmony One?

PhilipW

I've just completed building my first XBNC platform and am down to the remote control plans.

Part 1 of this is about using the Microsoft MCE remote (planned for a couple of my TVs)

I initially bought a FLIRC to use with my Windows 8 NUC where I  initially used the MCE remote by manually learning the basic commands. It occurred to me that I was reinventing the wheel, and probably missing some commands, vs using the MCE Remote app that's part of XBMC.

So, I installed the app, but the remote doesn't work. At all. Should it? if so, is there already a thread on making this work? I searched, but didn't find one.

Part 2 is about using the Harmony One (planned for the TV in my family room)

I saw quite a bit of conversation on this, but I haven't headed off there yet. It does work though?

Thanks in advance for any experience learned help on this!

What's this: MCE Remote app

Sorry, it's an add-on built into XBMC for Microsoft Media Center Remotes that already has all of the commands built in for XBMC control using the standard MCE Remote.

I was hoping I'd be able to enable the app and use the MCE remote on systems where I don't have a Harmony, and then use the Harmony and the MCE Remote in my main family room.

It appears that it should work by just enabling it, but it doesn't. I know I can learn the commands from the remote / flirc, but there are many keyboard commands already in the XBMC add-on I though it might be easier and better than learning them.

Here's the add-on details -> http://addons.xbmc.org/show/plugin.program.mceremote/