Flirc Forums

Flirc loosing configuration over night.

Imagewerx

Using my Flirc with an 02/Open Peak Joggler running Squeezeplay and it's fine all the time the unit is powered up but in standby mode.When it's powered down over night,it loses it's configuration settings (downloaded from the Joggler forum) and needs to be re-programmed before it'll work again.Is this normal or is the host unit expected to have power permanently on it to backup the Flirc's memory? I hope not as this will be used in a car that will be fully powered down  every night and once installed it won't be possible to take it out every day.

Ok thanks for the answer.It worked ok for a few days not losing any of it's settings,but now it doesn't accept any infra red inputs,either in use or when trying to teach it.It's recognised by the Flirc software and lets it be programmed by the saved configuration file and says it was successful,but won't let any buttons be erased or programmed manually.This has happened over night,last night it was working just fine,today it's useless.

• 5 months later...

I really got the same Issue, windows vista sp1, really over night (going to standby) it automatically earases all configs from flirc.

the important thing, it seem to discard and don't reboot the flirc correctly. on my machine opening the flirc app it says "bootloader detected" and then going to init flirc, afterwards i have to reboot, then it works.

The strange think, it really worked over weeks. Suddently from 1 night to the other, not working again, then never wokring :(