Flirc Forums

Amino STB

flumenhaggen

Hi, trying to make get Amino remote to work with flirc adapter.

http://helpdesk.nex-...icle.php?id=134

Following the normal record process, flirc seems to catch the codes well, but later the operation is buggy. Only very few keys pushes are detected.

I'll try the Duck Blind method and see

http://www.remotecen...ures/irtips.htm

anybody out there with these remotes?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

i also have problem with amino remote and also with amino IR keyboard. But it seems that these remotes send out similar codes for different keys and its not only one code for one key but the codes are changing. I have seen similar behaviour with Philips remotes.

Would be nice if i could use this Amino full keyboard and even nicer if Jason can integrate mouse movement since the Amino IR keyboard has little joistick.

Hi Regio, Sorry for the late reply - stuff came up,

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately most of the information regarding user experiences of remotes and Flirc relies on people owning the remotes and reporting back. We can say that remotes should work as IR has standards etc but sometimes things don't pan out for one reason or another due to other circumstances.

I took a quick look on the amino website but it was a bit vague, do you have a model number for the remotes you are using so I could direct my search a bit more. (Also it will help other users who have the same remote to decide if Flirc is a good or bad solution for them)

Pleasant regards,

Chris!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately i dont have any model number for the Amino remote/keyboard. All i found out is that it might use 36 kHz. But i guess the issue why it isnt working quite well is the IR protocol (maybe RC6 or RC5? not sure which does Philips use, i have had similar issue with theyr remotes) )where the remote doesnt send one code but each keypress sends multiple codes. I have used Eventghost with USB-UIRT and recording the IR codes with that i can see the codes.

Maybe its possible to integrate code viewing area into Flirc GUI so one could see which is the unique code that can be used for any paticular key. Another thing i have wondered is that does Flirc catch the whole IR code or might it save only part of it?