rgm

CTRL-F & CTRL-B don't work in Windows Media Center

59 posts in this topic

One just arrived, a rosewill, doesn't work. = (

I am assuming the Rosewill remote is the RRC-126? That is the remote I use with my HTPC. Using the Rosewill IR dongle all of the keys show up correctly in EVentGhost but they do alternate between 2 different codes (as expectded).

With the FLIRC, I was able to program most if not all of the codes I needed with the older firmware. In a couple of cases, the FLIRC returned 3 key presses.

Is there anything we can do to help out?

I was having this same issue, CTRL+F and CTRL+B not working in windows media center, i was able to get it working by instead mapping the previous and next keys under the media keys profile instead, which also work for 30 seconds back and forward in media center. 

So Jason, I guess I will take you up on the return as it appears this is not going to be fixed any time soon. Please let me know how to go about getting the refund. 

I don't want to be harassed anymore. Sure, return it. I've bought 5 remotes. None of them work on 3 different machines. I'll get it working, check the latest for the update on when that is.

I keep trying and trying to get wmce remotes. It'll get fixed, can't promise a time anymore if nothing ever works for me. I'm locking this thread for now.

You can always pair the media center buttons in the GUI, those work for play/ff/rewind.

If someone is actually willing to help me, pm me.

Unlocking this thread. Thanks to user ceeldred, I finally got a remote that's working. I'm copying everything they are doing now. I've updated the GUI, re-learn the WMCE keys, and update to the firmware included in the package, make sure you include sequence modifiers. Please, leave comments at the release candidate thread:

Posted (edited)

I am having the same problem, CTRL+F and CTRL+B not working in windows media center. It works fine from the keyboard, but not through the mapped remote through the Flirc software.

I am using the latest Flirc usb (2nd generation), and Flirc software v2.3.7. Maybe the old issue came back? That is, it sends both keys simultaneously!?

Edited by Ting

7 hours ago, Ting said:

I am having the same problem, CTRL+F and CTRL+B not working in windows media center. It works fine from the keyboard, but not through the mapped remote through the Flirc software.

I am using the latest Flirc usb (2nd generation), and Flirc software v2.3.7. Maybe the old issue came back? That is, it sends both keys simultaneously!?

I will push this next week, I promise. Code is in there, I just need to test a bit more. I'm very sorry for the delay.