Flirc Forums

Potential fix for repeating keys

BarkerR

Of course, everyone should have a meter ;)

Before grounding I was seeing 1~1.5v floating around on the shield.

I have a crystal on my PCB, it's the metal box. The top of the metal is grounded. What's the resistance between the shield of the USB and the top of the crystal. (Do this when it's not plugged in).

Then can you check your USB mating shield on your motherboard with the ground your connecting the flirc to? 

I have a crystal on my PCB, it's the metal box. The top of the metal is grounded. What's the resistance between the shield of the USB and the top of the crystal. (Do this when it's not plugged in).

Then can you check your USB mating shield on your motherboard with the ground your connecting the flirc to? 

Here you go, 2 meters both the same reading http://1drv.ms/105bhDY

I'll have to get back to you on part 2 as that involves dismantling stuff and I need to get to bed.

Someone could use power strip without ground wire or maybe ungrounded wall sockets. I think it depends on the country and the year the building was constructed. In Poland there is still a lot of ungrounded sockets in use in old buildings. I've replaced all electric installation in my flat after I bought it so it uses now a proper 3-wire cables and sockets with grounding.

Also microusb power supplies don't have often a ground connection so the Raspberry Pi setup is not grounded properly. Even if the TV is grounded it's not very good setup as both sides of shielded HDMI cable should be grounded properly. Now we have two cases of fixing Flirc operation by grounding the setup so maybe there should be some troubleshooting guide and one of the things to check should be checking if the setup is grounded :).

How do you explain that I got the repeated keys bug also with an RPi IR GPIO (not USB at all) !?

It's not an FLIRC bug but a OpenElec / RPi / XBMC bug...

I think it's something from CEC.

And When I still have repeate keys with FLIRC, it's only from restart or awake, and for some few minutes only.

Then all become usable and keypress is taken from normal remote press...

• 3 weeks later...

How about the following, can you measure resistance 1 and resistance 2 in the pic attached?

Hi Jason, just to let you know I haven't forgotten about this. My son decided he wanted to be born 6 hours after my last message, and on top of dealing with a newborn I've also been running an Indiegogo campaign so things have been a bit hectic.

I'll get the readings as soon as get 10mins to myself ;)

• Like 1

Hi Jason, just to let you know I haven't forgotten about this. My son decided he wanted to be born 6 hours after my last message, and on top of dealing with a newborn I've also been running an Indiegogo campaign so things have been a bit hectic.

I'll get the readings as soon as get 10mins to myself ;)

oh congratulations. Would love to see some pics.

I know what you're going through, ours is 20 months now. Such a blast, it goes by quickly.

No worries, I appreciate all the help and am extremely grateful. Congratulations to you guys.

Where is your campaign? I'll try to give it some publicity.

post-1-0-15479100-1415769453_thumb.jpg