HELP-brand new flirc ,cant get it working

andrew_vs

Hi 

I just got my new flirc in the mail,never set one up before

I have win 7 64 bit  and installed the flirc software from  the downloads section,plugged in my flirc and windows did not find drivers ,at the same time i plugged in my harmony remote and my pc was going crazy as if i was rapidly plugging into and out of the usb port,i unplugged the remote and still the same,unplugged the flirc and it stopped ,but now when i plug the flirc in it shows as "bootldr" and i dont know what to do now to get this working ?

hope someone out there has an answer,thanks!

Edited by andrew_vs

i went to my other comp upstairs (also win7 64it) but somehow it let me install the drivers ,going to plug it back in here on my main comp and see what she does

so.........this comp now see's the device as flirc ,but still giving me the same admin privileges required issue,i th8ink ill program it upstairs ,maybe my windows version is a PoS !

Edited by andrew_vs

hey i dont know why but all of a sudden my htpc installed the driver for flirc ( i turned off UAC in user accounts) however it shows the firmware as 16.16 and is stuck at firmware being upgraded 

my other comp shows it as version 2.6 is there something i can do quik to get the firmware to update from here so i can program things from this comp,ive tried uninstalling the gui and re installing 

Update .           ran malawarebytes followed by windows update ,all issues seem to be resolved

Edited by andrew_vs