Flirc Forums

Problems with my new FLIRC.

thewilson

Specifically, I'm having problems with FLIRC performing very inconsistently on my Asus Chromebox running Openelec. I used a Windows 7 PC to set it up, and had no problems at all with the setup. I have tried clearing and reprogramming it more than a few times.

I found after moving the FLIRC to a rear usb port on the Chromebox, I was getting slightly better performance, but still it will drop keys unexpectedly after working fine for a while. At times it works almost as well as I had hoped/expected it to, but at other times it is almost completely useless. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I really want to love this thing, but it has to work first.

Also, the remote I'm using is the original XBOX dvd playback remote, which I have previously been using with Eventghost and a MCE adapter on another computer. The remote is working fine, no dead batteries etc.

Couple of things to help us narrow down the issue (though I have an inkling as to what is causing it)

1) On your windows 7 computer does it exhibit the same behaviour as the chromebox when using flirc (not programming it)

2) Do you some times have to press a key twice for it to respond once (e.g. press left, nothing happens, press left again then it goes left)

So sorry you're having issues