Flirc Forums

Can't program a lot of keys with Harmony 300. Dissapointed with Flirc

javiertoti

Hi guys. I've received my Flirc a few days ago and I'm not able to run a lot of functions or keys with my Harmony 300 (Vol+ vol- mute smallstepack). :o

Of course I've read before an tested this guide without luck.

The XBMC Flirc profile in MyHarmony don't work fine with the Harmony 300. If I load this profile the Volume+ Volume- and smallstepback don't work.

I've also tried to program the harmony like a Samsung LN46C650L1F and assigned a function to all the keys as mentioned in the post. BUT when I try to program or reassign this functions in the FlircGui 1.2.5 (w7x64 + firmware 2.5) they don't work.

For example, I press the Vol+ in the gui, it asks for the command, then I press the button in the remote and Flirc says 'recorded successfully'  BUT if I test the new key it doesn't work neither Flirc Gui nor Openelec 3.95.2. I can't make it work from any panel... minimalist, Full Keyboard, XBMC.

I haven't this issues with the direction arrows, exit, play, enter, stop, forward, backward, up, down, left, right, INFO and numbers 0 to 9. :wacko:

It is curious that when I record the key mute (with any button in my Harmony) it makes it on the key info :huh:

What can I do? A lot of thanks. :)

Edited by javiertoti

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Javiertoti,

I've just given it a go with my samsung remote profile for my TV

For example, I press the Vol+ in the gui, it asks for the command, then I press the button in the remote and Flirc says 'recorded successfully'  BUT if I test the new key it doesn't work neither Flirc Gui nor Openelec 3.95.2.

I used the XBMC controller in the Flirc GUI and it has programmed some stuff incorrectly.

• Vol up seems to work as expected on my mac
  • Vol Down seems to be fine
  • Mute is incorrectly mapped to i (it should be F8 but that's not listed in the official wiki so not sure it should even be an option)

Apart from the mute error (which you've got spot on) I can't reproduce the vol up or vol down problem.

If you open a notepad or something that accepts typed input, do any characters show when you press the buttons?

I am having the same problem with the same hardware.

My TV is programmed to the TV button on my Harmony 300 and my Flirc is programmed on my VCR/Aux button.

When I try to program the Play/Pause/FF/Rew they 'don't take'.

Further, when I press any of these buttons after programming in Harmony software, the VCR/Aux button doesn't light up meaning there's nothing programmed to that button.

Is this a fault of the Harmony software not allowing those buttons to be programmed?

I've tried reprogramming the Play/Pause etc to Yellow/Blue and other combinations but the VCR/Aux button never lights up, and nothing shows up in Notepad (as expected).

My XBMC profile is also the Samsung LN46C650L1F.

Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions?

This is really a harmony programming issue.

You should be able to assign buttons to the VCR/Aux using the XBMC profile you mentioned. Try asking the harmony support if you continue to have issues - they'll be better placed to guide you

This is really a harmony programming issue.

You should be able to assign buttons to the VCR/Aux using the XBMC profile you mentioned. Try asking the harmony support if you continue to have issues - they'll be better placed to guide you

Hi there,

Thanks, I will do.  I think perhaps this remote may have reached its EOL with Logitech and won't hold out much hope in getting satisfaction with them.  It can't hurt to try I suppose.

Perhaps I'll just try another profile as well, one that will 'take' programming of those buttons.  Any suggestions?

Perhaps I'll just try another profile as well, one that will 'take' programming of those buttons.  Any suggestions?

The samsung is one I used to use without any problems.

Maybe something got corrupted in your myharmony set-up and you need to start from scratch (just a suggestion - no claims to be the correct answer)

Maybe try a panasonic if you want a different profile:

Manufacturer: Panasonic

Device: TC-P65VT30

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I received my flirc today and use it with the XBMC-profile on my Harmony 300. (I'm using XBMC in OpenELEC on a Raspberry Pi.)

First, my volume-buttons didn't work either.

I changed the keyboard layout to "german", because I'm german. ;) So, I guess, some keyboard inputs won't work as promised?

By changing back the keyboard layout to "us", the voume buttons work. :) Perhaps that's the trick?

But the power button still isn't working...

Leaves the question: is it a Flirc- or a XBMC-problem?

Edited by phoenix0_4