Flirc Forums

Full Keyboard Map - "Y" OUYA Button?

Hank101

Requesting assistance.

I have programmed my Harmony one to control my OUYA and XBMC via Flirc, and all works well.

I have full control over XBMC, and all OUYA controls except for access to the System controls to put the OUYA to sleep (Yellow "Y" button on the OUYA game controller).

Does anyone know the proper Harmony key-map to control this function?

Thanks,

Requesting assistance.

I have programmed my Harmony one to control my OUYA and XBMC via Flirc, and all works well.

I have full control over XBMC, and all OUYA controls except for access to the System controls to put the OUYA to sleep (Yellow "Y" button on the OUYA game controller).

Does anyone know the proper Harmony key-map to control this function?

Thanks,

OK, I have learned that my RF Logitech keyboard will activate the OUYA "Y" button when I press the F3 key.

Now, how do I get this capability into my Harmony one?

I can not find a similar device as the RF keyboard or any ketboard with "F3" keystroke in Harmony one programming interface.

Edited by Hank101

According to this the Y button changes XBMC to change from fullscreen to windowed, and back.

If you use this, it gives way more button configs.

How'd you get the Y button to put the OUYA to sleep?   

You might see on setting it up, thought I think it may be more specific to the apple tv remote.

How'd you get the Y button to put the OUYA to sleep?   

The only way that I have found to put the OUYA to sleep is to close XMBC, return back (twice) to general OUYA menu (yellow Y represents "System Menu"), press Y (System Menu visible), scroll down to sleep, enter. I can "wake" the OUYA by pressing my play remote button.

I can navigate until I get to the yellow Y, but have no key mapped for Y. I am no programmer, and am lost when it comes to remapping keys, rooting, ect....

Hoping for an easier, more obvious way to gain access to this key with my Harmony and Flirc.

Thanks,

Edited by Hank101

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/threads/9749-HOW-TO-GET-ANY-REMOTE-CONTROL-TO-FULLY-WORK-WiTH-YOUR-OUYA

Ok.  Here's a little walkthrough I found on editing the button info for the OUYA

What I think you'll have to do here is open the text file that the OP talks about and either add in your button that you want from your remote to open the Home Menu, or replace the Y button with it.  As far as what code the OUYA will read that button as.... I think that's what KeyTest is for.

So, you'll have to bind the button you want, to the key you want "F3 you said works on your keyboard but does nothing on the Flirc, so use that), then press the button on the remote with KeyTest open.

Sorry, it's such a pain, but this is the best I can find on it.

Someone on there said this video helped them out as well.

Does anyone know which key on the FLIRC "Full Keyboard" map represents the OUYA "Y" button.

From there, I can initiate it to respond with my Harmony.

I know on my RF Logitech Keyboard (K400r) that it is the F3 button. But this did not work on the FLIRC Full Keyboard mapping.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Hey hank,

My setup is quite like yours. I have my ouya rooted which gives me access to power down and sleep in the xbmc menu.

If you haven't rooted your ouya here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2387507 . Very simple can be done in 3 steps.

Now the xbmc from discover doesn't have shut down and sleep in the power menu. So I downloaded http://spmc.semperpax.com and used spmc instead. It's identical in functions. From there I could shut down. I'm still however trying to find a way to wake the ouya with the flirc. But I don't mind walking over and pressing the ouya power button to wake it up.

Edited by bigpen15crew