Flirc Forums

flirc causing random scrolling and clicking

matanlir

hi,

I have flirc for more than a year now (using version 0.96 at win7) connects to my TV IR remote without any problems. lately, about a month ago, I had random scrolling and clicking which at first I though has to be a keyboard/mice bug. after multiple checks I discovered the problem caused by flirc. I upgraded flirc to the latest version and the problem continues.   

THANKS!

• 1 month later...

Guys - I'm experiencing the same. I'm using an Xtreamer IR remote to a ASUSTOR NAS and play on its XBMC. I've replaced my USB extension cable and tried the front USB port of the NAS (where there's no extension cable) but random key presses still happening. After a few tries I've found that the flirc receiver appears to be sensitive to the T2 fluorescent tubes I've installed for my living room. I switched the fluorescent off and the random keypress is gone. If I switch on the fluorescent again then the random keys press starts again. The fluorescent tubes are not directly shining to the remote it hits the walls/ceiling and reflect the lights. When the problem happens it's likely to be continuously hitting the top/right direction buttons.

My config:

Sleep Detection off

Noise Canceller on

Built-in Profile off

Interkey delay 3

Edited by sywong2000

• 2 weeks later...

Guys - I'm experiencing the same. I'm using an Xtreamer IR remote to a ASUSTOR NAS and play on its XBMC. I've replaced my USB extension cable and tried the front USB port of the NAS (where there's no extension cable) but random key presses still happening. After a few tries I've found that the flirc receiver appears to be sensitive to the T2 fluorescent tubes I've installed for my living room. I switched the fluorescent off and the random keypress is gone. If I switch on the fluorescent again then the random keys press starts again. The fluorescent tubes are not directly shining to the remote it hits the walls/ceiling and reflect the lights. When the problem happens it's likely to be continuously hitting the top/right direction buttons.

My config:

Sleep Detection off

Noise Canceller on

Built-in Profile off

Interkey delay 3

See this thread: http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1205-really-freaking-frustrated-with-my-flirc-but-its-not-your-fault/?hl=sunglasses#entry7392

Please cary the conversation on there. Note my last message at the bottom, I think I have a fix but would need to carry this conversation out privately, not ready to make this public.

I am having the same issues. I've been using my device for about 8 months now and its gotten worse in the past month.  I'm running on Windows 7 and notice random scrolling and clicking.  I've stopped using my device because it's so annoying.  I'm running the latest version (downloaded yesterday) and still have the issues. 

Okay. Starting to take form. I've rewritten my firmware and I have a new adaptive algorithm that's going to help with noise suppression and all rc6 remotes will now work. I have two more items that need attention for the fw, and then I'll start working on putting together beta packages.

• Like 1

Okay guys, 2:30 AM here, I'm sorry, couldn't finish it tonight. I'm close.

Just a heads up this will be beta, and there will be a few features missing. I completely re-wrote nearly all the firmware. It's going to go up tomorrow...err. today... after sleep.

Unfortunately i'm facing the same issue. Phantom Keys while scrolling in XBMC. I tried the latest RC4 Release, installed MediaPortal to see if it's aXBMC issue (it's not, same issue on MediaPortal), tried to place Flirc behind a dimmed glas, tried several remote controls, modified any setting in the GUI. No success at all.

In the meantime i upgraded from Win 7 x64 to Win 8 for troubleshooting, but still no success.

Any helpfull hint ?

Unfortunately i'm facing the same issue. Phantom Keys while scrolling in XBMC. I tried the latest RC4 Release, installed MediaPortal to see if it's aXBMC issue (it's not, same issue on MediaPortal), tried to place Flirc behind a dimmed glas, tried several remote controls, modified any setting in the GUI. No success at all.

In the meantime i upgraded from Win 7 x64 to Win 8 for troubleshooting, but still no success.

Any helpfull hint ?

Yes, please make sure you're on the 3.0 firmware version, and you clear your configuration and start over. After that, please let me know.

hi jason, I've had the latest update and firmware 3.0 and it seems that the issue SOLVED, thanks!.

I also noticed that the responsiveness is not as smooth, some keys enforce long click or few clicks to work, I've tried to clear the configuration
and change the inter-key delay and it yet the same. the recorded keys doesn't stay locked - the massage 'button already exists' doesn't always appear and it just records again.

How do you download Firmware 3.0 - when I go to download via advanced settings I get upgrade to latest 2.6 and I am already on 2.6 - I have the issue of random clicking and scrolling in both windows and openelec and the flirc device is useless unless I can update the firmware as this has fixed others with the same issue - flirc version is 1.26 - I have seen mention of 1.27 but again can find nowhere to download this.

Help please.

thanks